Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your thoughts wanted on these movies

1. Dolemite,
    I actually liked the first one. From what I can gather, there were 3 movies in the series.

2. Some of them have funny names. (I haven't seen them, but that's my opinion on them)
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. Ju-on is creepy. it's nothing like the good ol' jumping out of the bushes in the most cliche way possible scary. it's the asian psychological scary that's all the rage these days. it has its moments of things popping up out of nowhere though.

story-wise, it's a bunch of events that are somehow all connected. if you've seen Boogiepop Phantom, then it's like that. but some events don't make sense chronologically. at least i don't think they do.

it's worth watching though. and when the second movie comes out R3, i'll be looking at getting that.

4. I will try to get Ju-on, when I get the chance. I'm slowly moving through my list of Japanese horror films

5. there's two versions of Ju-on floating around. the original tv film versions and the remakes. i picked up the remake of the first film. but looking around though, it seems that both rate pretty high and are recommended.

haven't seen any reviews of Ju-on 2 though.

6. Undeadking, Wild Zero is another zombie/action/spoof Japanese movie worth checking out. Rock'N'Roll zombie slaying, with enough blood, rock and weirdness. R1 edition is about to come out.

7. Despair,
    Sounds like my kind of movie! I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it. Thanks again.