Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts wanted on these movies

1. Neo-Geo Your thoughts wanted on these movies

I've been in a DVD buying mood lately and made a list of potential purchases. Obviously, I won't be buying them all, so I want your opinions on the movies you've seen. I just want to know if you enjoyed it and if you recommend it. Since I haven't seen these yet, please try to avoid spoilers. I'll start with four that I already bought due to their price.

Unbeatables
    Vendetta
    Esprit D'amour
    Ghost for Sales

The following are titles I have my eye on.
    Versus SE
    Junk
    Stacy
    Full Metal Gokudo
    Juon
    Juon 2
    Party 7
    Returner
    Spiral
    Seance
    Suicide Circle
    Fudoh
    Kairo
    Returner
    All Night Long 1 - 3
    Evil Dead Trap 2

Any thoughts?

2. I enjoyed the hell out of Fudoh and Returner. I recommend both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

3. Quote Originally Posted by UndeadKing
    I've been in a DVD buying mood lately and made a list of potential purchases. Obviously, I won't be buying them all, so I want your opinions on the movies you've seen. I just want to know if you enjoyed it and if you recommend it. Since I haven't seen these yet, please try to avoid spoilers. I'll start with four that I already bought due to their price.

Unbeatables
    Vendetta
    Esprit D'amour
    Ghost for Sales

The following are titles I have my eye on.
    Versus SE
    Junk
    Stacy
    Full Metal Gokudo
    Juon
    Juon 2
    Party 7
    Returner
    Spiral
    Seance
    Suicide Circle
    Fudoh
    Kairo
    Returner
    All Night Long 1 - 3
    Evil Dead Trap 2

Any thoughts?
    Ok, You came to the right place to ask

Versus SE - Great low budget horror/action film. In vein of Evil Dead with ton of crazy posing, some very cool fighting, and good serving of blood and guts.

Junk - I thought it was decent zombie action flick. But many hate this one. Still if you love zombies and lot of blood and gore, and dont mind unoriginal script and some bad acting, its all good. Fun on campy level.

Stacy - Very bloody, but otherwise quite bad.

Full Metal Gokudo - one of earlier Takeshi Miike films. Bizzare take on Robocop and Yaukuza films. As with all Miike films, lots of violence, some cool sword action and overall weirdness. Reccomended.

Juon Juon 2 - Havent seen yet, but heard alot of good things about. Need to get these 2 myself.

Party 7 - Havent watched it, heard its bad.

Returner - Fun action/scifi film, with some cool action and sfx scenes. Read my review on these boards. I thought it was very good.

Spiral - If you talking Uzumaki - then Yes. Very weird horror film. Reccomended.

Seance - Havent seen.

Suicide Circle - Another very weird and graphic horror. Reccomended.

Fudoh - Again, Miike - Plenty of violence as usual. Reccomended.

Kairo - Another weird horror. Quite offbeat and creepy. Reccomended.

All Night Long 1 - 3 - Infamous rape/revenge series. Havent watched.

Evil Dead Trap 2 - Cant remember if I watched part 1 or 2, but it was decent and graphic horror.

2 more movies for you to consider:

Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance - Amazing Korean drama. One of the most dark and depressing films I ever seen, but very powerful. It is very violent though, so be warned. Its a story of deaf/mute factory worker, whose sister in urgent need of kidney transplant. But with no donor insight, he decided to deal with underground human organ runners, he looses not only his hard earned money, but also his own kidney. And then his sister gets a chance for transplant, so to save her he and his girlfriend decide extreme plan - kidnap a daughter of divorced company owner and held her for ransom. This starts the terrible chain of events, as both sides move towards the inevetible and very dark conclusion. This film deserves all the great reviews and comments, it gets from critics and viewers alike. If you have a chance, watch it

Save the Green Planet - Great Korean drama/thriller/scifi/ Very cool story with lots of interesting twists, many scenes of brutality and torture, and weird characters. Former chemical company worked, kidnaps the president of the company who he thinks is an alieve preparing for invasion/destruction of the Earth. He is determine to torture the truth out of the guy, but is it all real or just sick fantasy of mentally unstable hero???

4. Thanks!

Despair,
    Actually by Spiral I meant Rasen. I've seen Uzumaki and agree. It was a great movie. I'll take your two recommendations into consideration. They both sound like something I'd enjoy. Also, I'm not bothered by violence at all. If you have any additional recommendations, let me know.

5. i just picked up the R3 version of Juon, but i haven't watched it yet. i was busy watching Dark Water tonight (recommended btw).

Returner is good, but it's like MIB/Terminator/ID4 put together. worth watching though.

check out THREE (boxset). it's a collection of three stories from thailand, HK and korea each dealing with its own type of horror. the one from thailand is just... wow. it's definitely creepy. BUT... the stories were just ehhh IMO. worth checking out though.

6. Well, You might also check out The Eye(HK/Thai) and The Phone(Korea). Both deal with ghosts in some ways, and have some decent scares. Also you might want to check out Resurrection of Little Match Girl, Korean Scifi/Action film. Interesting idea, some very cool action and visual fx, and its even gaming related.

Let me know what genres you looking for, and I will try to give you more reccomendations.

7. Despair,
    Mainly horror or action. Thanks again for the recommendations!

8. Ok, Then you might want to check out few more Korean films:

Volcano High(Whasango) - Pretty cool action/fantasy. Somewhat slow in the middle, but the end is kick ass.

2009 Lost Memories - Scifi/Action about Alternative world, where Japan won WW2 and not took over Korea. Some cool action scenes, interesting time travel plot, and big production values.

Yesterday - Many people hate it, but I found it a pretty thrilling scifi/action film.

9. Suicide Circle rules.

10. Evil Dead Trap was horrible. I wasn't aware that they made a sequel. Hopefully it's better than the original.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww