Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scrapped Princess

1. This is ranked #1 on my "Must" have dvd list ... Its the only anime I have ever kept up to date with and watched the day its released. Although am worried that it will simply end ep 26. The manga although very different to the series went on for a lot longer.

2. There's currently no episode count on AnimeNfo, so it may go for 2 seasons. I haven't read the manga, but it seems to me that they have a lot to cover if they try to wrap it up in 26 epsiodes, especially when you consider...(spoilers for anybody who hasn't seen up to 19 yet)

...that Pacifica currently has no knowledge of who she is, is currently locked up in a dungeon, and her siblings and friends have no idea where she is.

The days are counting down till her birthday, and I wonder if she's going to regain her memory before then. We knew everything was going to culminate on that day, but they still have 3 Peacemakers to deal with.

In other news, raw episode 20 is out, so hopefully the fansub will be along in a week or two.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Masaka
    There's currently no episode count on AnimeNfo, so it may go for 2 seasons. I haven't read the manga, but it seems to me that they have a lot to cover if they try to wrap it up in 26 epsiodes, especially when you consider... <snip>

Erm, the show is 24 episodes long and no there will be no second season. It is NOT based on a manga, but a manga exists. It is based on a series of novels out in Japan running since 1999. Ep1-10 covered all the important bases and character/worldview introductions as well as told the episodic stories from the first 5 novels. Novel 6-8 were skipped entirely probably due to their continued episodic nature, and introduction of villains that die and since don't pop up anymore in the later parts that matter. Novel 9 was ep11-12, Novel 10 was ep13-15, Novel 11 was ep16-18, and Novel 12 is ep19-21. The 13th Novel which is presumably the grand finale, streets in October, just as the anime ends (after ep22 there will be a one week break, hence ep24 will air in the first week of October) and Ep22-24 of the anime should adapt the finale as well since it's obvious Bones has access to all the story materials before they were published (or ep16-21 would not have been possible).

4. Excellent, thanks for all the information. How are the novels in comparison to the anime?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Masaka
    Excellent, thanks for all the information. How are the novels in comparison to the anime?

The novels flesh out stuff alot more and the events take place in a different order for the events of ep1-10. Mostly the rearranged it such that all character introduction stories come first in the anime while the plot (ep5-6, 7-8) and journey (ep 9-10) stories take place after that, when in fact for example the ep9-10 story is actually told in the 2nd novel and only after that in the next novel is Leo introduced. But books 9-12 have been adapted pretty much really faithfully. There are differences here and there, but the core events and even dialogue are as faithful as the LotR movies. I haven't actually read the novels myself, but a friend of mine picked them up recently and we've been comparing the anime to the manga, I plan to pick up all the novels in a set after they're over, which should be soon if book 13 is really the final novel.

There is also a Scrapped Princess Supplementary Novel. Basically it's a compilation of shorter stories that take place in various different periods of the Sutepri world covering the other characters. Backstory on the Obstinate Arrow, Kidaf in his assasin days, Yuma and Carol Casull's past, etc. Very good stuff, and it seems the author is currently starting serialization on stuff in Dragon Magazine that will be part of the 2nd Sutepri Supplementary Novel. I'm betting it would be background stuff on Fulle with the Black Hawks and hopefully some stuff about Forcis growing up and if I'm a really really good boy maybe there'll be a story from Steyr's point of view on how it feels to grow hate for humanity for 5000 years through interaction with such an irrational race.

Hope that helps. ^^

6. Looks like it's only 24 episodes. Raw 24 is out now, so looks like things will be wrapping up in 22 short minutes.

This is going to be a pretty packed episode though, considering the end of 23.

Bring it on!

7. Whoa, I was pwned, thx for the info duckroll.