Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Onimusha+Zone Of The Enders good Buys?

Onimusha+Zone Of The Enders good Buys?

Are either of these titles worth $20 bucks new since that is the going price for these PS2 titles now?

I heard mixed things about both mostly Onimusha being very short with little replay value.

ZOE wasn't it kind of overshadowed by the MGS2 demo?

Any comments/feedback about these two games would be appreciated.

Thanks

Korian

2. Zone of the Enders sucks. plain and simple. its only 2 redeeming qualities(graphics and MGS2 demo) are now worthless since MGS2 is out and better looking games have since been released.

onimusha is pretty good. its no DMC or resident evil, but its kinda fun. worth $20.

Capcommie Guest
    I agree with Kinopio. ZOE was the first game Hideo Kojima ever really screwed up. On the other hand, Onimusha was the best PS2 had to offer about a year ago. It's one of Shinji Mikami's better games, and that is saying something.

4. Onimusha is a pretty good game but it's rather short(About 4 hours) but it's only $20 so it's not too big a deal.

ZOE...this game sucks balls. Don't touch it, it may infest you. The game is short like shit(An hour and a half at best) and it doesn't even end, it just cuts off and you get credits. The story is weak, the game gets tiring(sp?) after the first boss, the voices are sick, your not allowed to beat the last boss and the same strategy works on every enemy and boss killing any possible gameplay tactics worth trying.

5. I agree with everything that's been said (except DMC > Onimusha... liar!), get Onimusha (unless you plan to get a XB, in which case, get Genma), and avoid ZOE... it was supa stinky....

6. Onimusha is a great game, and for survival horror, reasonably long at the 4 hour pace. Not bad considering the game play is fairly quickly paced (just don't expect DMC-type action.)

ZOE is...ok. I personally don't think its quite as bad as everyone else on here thinks. But I'm not sure if you'd wanna be playing $20 + tax on it

Hey, it just so happens I happen to have both these games in my posession right now, complete with case and instructions and in like-new condition. They are also non-Greatest Hits versions. I'll sell 'em both to you for $30 + shipping and handling. How does that sound?
    omg TNL epics!

7. Originally posted by Ragnarok the Red
    Hey, it just so happens I happen to have both these games in my posession right now, complete with case and instructions and in like-new condition. They are also non-Greatest Hits versions. I'll sell 'em both to you for $30 + shipping and handling. How does that sound?
    I rented Genma Onimusha and didn't like it very much. If you dig the Resident Evil style gameplay, go for it, but if not stay away.

And yes EThugg, DMC >>>> Onimusha.

- Kabuki

8. yet again i think i may be the only person who likes it ;_;

ZOE--well, the plor blew ass, i'm not going to lie. it was short, and sort of nonsensical
    *but*
    the battle system KICKED ASS. It's a lowgrade streetfighter in the sky! the graphics were awesome......and the music really really really owned. honestly i'd keep this game around for the reason that i can play it, drop it for a few weeks, then start it up again.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

9. Originally posted by Satsuki
    yet again i think i may be the only person who likes it ;_;

ZOE--well, the plor blew ass, i'm not going to lie. it was short, and sort of nonsensical
    *but*
    the battle system KICKED ASS. It's a lowgrade streetfighter in the sky! the graphics were awesome......and the music really really really owned. honestly i'd keep this game around for the reason that i can play it, drop it for a few weeks, then start it up again.
    Nah. I like ZOE also. The story was not good. The voice acting was just plain annoying. The ending was shit (yea it pissed me off that you couldn't even fight the "end boss"). Yes it was short. So what? It was fun. The battle system was so fluid and fun. I wish Armored Core had a battle system like that. And I liked the music also. People bad mouth this game too much. And maybe you are on crack or skipped all the side missions or sommething but I don't know how you could go through it in an hour and a half your first time playing it. Maybe it's just me but I took eight and a half hours to go through the game the first time. I took my time flying around and destroyed every enemy I saw. Anyway...I think it is definately worth $20.

Later all...

10. Originally posted by 2D4EVER

Nah. I like ZOE also. The story was not good. The voice acting was just plain annoying. The ending was shit (yea it pissed me off that you couldn't even fight the "end boss"). Yes it was short. So what? It was fun. The battle system was so fluid and fun. I wish Armored Core had a battle system like that. And I liked the music also. People bad mouth this game too much. And maybe you are on crack or skipped all the side missions or sommething but I don't know how you could go through it in an hour and a half your first time playing it. Maybe it's just me but I took eight and a half hours to go through the game the first time. I took my time flying around and destroyed every enemy I saw. Anyway...I think it is definately worth $20.

Later all...
    Oh man I totally agree. If Armored Core controlled like that and kept all the customization that it has now it would be pure heaven a million times over. IMO, ZOE was a pretty entertaining game to play, then again..I love mechs so I'm naturally biased.
    It's a mirror image!