Page 13 of 227 FirstFirst ... 911121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Discount Thread

Haha Valgar, that was quite an intriguing story....Which makes me think, where is Rag and the rest of our damned Halloween epic?

2. frye's should have an online store. theres ALWAYS good pc deals there and i can never get any.....freaking mysterious west coast shit.

*slaps head* Noone realizes that there is an Official Discount Thread.

4. Oooh Imma taking me a trip down to Frye's today
    http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/NGE42/fullnxe/card.png

5. Since when do people adhere to "official" threads around here? Even if the official thread only has two posts in it, they'll claim it's "too crowded" and make a new one. Gah, monkeys....

Nice discounts. However, I fear going to Fry's this weekend. It will not be a pretty site, and most copies of those games are probably already gone by now.

wouldn't "crowded" be a good thing when getting out the news of a discount, though?

7. thread nazi

8. I hit Circuit City and I finally got Spy Hunter, Silent Hill 2, Red Faction, Max Payne, as well as Metal Gear Solid 2. No, all GH titles are not $15, only MGS2, VF4 and one other. Similarly, Best Buy had three titles for $9 - Crazy Taxi, Mirra 2 and Crash. I assume that Target having "all" GH titles for $15 was also incorrect, and in fact applies only to three titles? I just plunked down the cash rather than run around to all the other stores.
    Praying for a Cosmic Fantasy Collection for PS2, Xbox and GameCube.

9. Originally posted by Rich
    wouldn't "crowded" be a good thing when getting out the news of a discount, though?
    Well, there's "crowded" and then there's "crowded to the point of insanity." Fry's is so large and carries so many items that it will be the latter. The associates probably won't help customers out much, and the quantities of these two titles will probably not bear out past noon. They're doing the Best-Buy-insane-lost-leader technique: advertise something at an obscenely low price, then only stock like 5 of them. People get into the store for it, but don't find the item -- so they buy something else out of frustration.

I do not believe any good will come of going there.

And you are better off for it on Black Friday. I was going to hit Circuit City, but find it pointless now that it's 2 PM and Xbox Live would be sold out, and so would VC, meaning returning VC for a new one would be moot.