Page 16 of 227 FirstFirst ... 21214151617182030 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Discount Thread

1. Originally posted by Master
    Question:

My sister needs to buy a PS2 for her boyfriend, are there any good deal/bundles/freebies around? Any suggestions on where she should buy it? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Best Buy has some good gift card deals advertisded in their flyer.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

3. Originally posted by Master
    Question:

My sister needs to buy a PS2 for her boyfriend, are there any good deal/bundles/freebies around? Any suggestions on where she should buy it? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Buying a system from Buy.com/Amazon.com always saves you big bucks on tax AND shipping because they have free shipping and they don't charge taxes. Buy.com usually has a "save 15% off your order of $150 or more" for first time orders so you end up saving about $30 including the discount and savings on tax.

You'll need an online coupon code for Buy.com so if I see it around, I'll let you know (if you're interested).
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia

4. Flipped through Sunday paper and noticed that at Circuit City, Best Buy and Target, they have Zelda: LttP and Kirba Nightmare in Dreamland GBA games for $25-26. The games come out tomorrow.

Originally posted by SearchManX
    Buying a system from Buy.com/Amazon.com always saves you big bucks on tax AND shipping because they have free shipping and they don't charge taxes.
    Uhhhh.... it, like all other stores, depends on where you are located vs where the company is located.

Even though Buy.com's official HQ isn't in California, because they have warehouses here, I definitely do pay tax through them. Amazon OTOH, is based in Florida, IIRC, and their warehouse is in Washington state so that's always tax-free for me.

The only places that are always tax-free are those based in Oregon.

5. Saw this over at Gaming-Age forum.

Maximo: Ghosts To Glory - $16.99

6. I got Maximo for $10. Good deal there though.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

7. More Target Clearance Goodness:
    Eighteen Wheeler: American Pro Trucker (GC) $7.44
    Quantum Redshift $20.00

Wound up picking up Eighteen Wheeler for the price...still sitting on the fence for Quantum Redshift though.

Nintendo also has coupons for rebates galore here: http://www.nintendo.com/coupon/

$25 rebate off a New Gamecube and up to a $25 rebate off selected Nintendo games (which includes 3rd party games and the Wavebird) I'm marching down to Target this weekend to pick up Eternal Darkness for $28.88 with a $5 rebate...sweeet Rebate is only valid between Dec 8th through Dec 14th. Beach Spikers is on the list too, so I'm thinking of marching off to Best Buy to grab it for $29.95 minus the $5 Best Buy coupon and then get another $5 from Nintendo...score! BTW Evolution Worlds is on the list as well

EB has Dr. Muto for PS2/Xbox & Haven for PS2 marked down to $29.95 already...how low can they go?

8. Originally posted by Tsubaki
    Uhhhh.... it, like all other stores, depends on where you are located vs where the company is located.

Even though Buy.com's official HQ isn't in California, because they have warehouses here, I definitely do pay tax through them. Amazon OTOH, is based in Florida, IIRC, and their warehouse is in Washington state so that's always tax-free for me.

The only places that are always tax-free are those based in Oregon.
    That's weird... I always thought it was at the state's discretion whether you get taxes from buying stuff online. I always see the small print or a disclaimer saying there's no tax unless you live in CA or IL or whatever... anyway I don't think MA has it, which is where Master lives.

Anyway, I never get taxes on anything I buy online unless it's from a brick and mortar store like Best Buy...
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia

9. I dunno if anyone has mentioned this, but I just bought a Super Smash Bros. Melee BUNDLE , official like the Sunshine bundle, at Target for $149.99. And that's not a typo.

--Scourge .

10. Originally posted by Master
    Question:

same here..my cousin wants to buy a PS2 for her hubby, so i want to know what are some good deals so i can let her know. i can get a PS2 for $205 after taxes but shipping to her is a pain..too much money..online would be better