Thread: Genius Party

1. Genius Party

I keep hearing some hints on a BIG animation project like Animatrix. Seems to me that they are keeping things hush hush on this one. The project is called Genius Party and all the directors that worked on the Animatrix are on board making shorts for this one, plus another director. The only things I know about the project is its supposed to be more upbeat and not so grim and dark as the Animatrix. Once again its gonna be a collection of short films with a similar theme I believe.

Anyone else hear about this one or got any info?

2. Genius-Party Website

hey i was looking for the website for Princess Tutu when I stumbled onto this amazing looking site, called Genius-Party. the website is: http://anime.goo.ne.jp/special/geniusparty/index.html check it out. BTW, its in japanese.

3. Damn talk about rise from the grave, this thread I started is 4 years old and got spammed. But here lemme REALLY bring this to life.

Genius Party is FINALLY coming out and showing itself. Genius Party which is a Studio 4°C anthology of short animated works by leading Japanese animators. I remember reading a little blurb about it years ago and getting excited, now it seems I can once again get all excited. Heres the list of some of the directors who took part in this project. Koji Morimoto, director of the Magnetic Rose segment of Memories and animation director of Mind Game, Shinichiro Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo), Hidekia Futamura (key animator for Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust and the Beyond and Detective Story segments of the Animatrix) and Tadashi Hiramatsu, among whose credits are Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water (as animation director) and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (key animation).

They are billing it as 7 directors 7 impacts and this reminds me of projects like Robot Carnival, Memories, Neo Tokyo, but bigger and up to date. The official website has a load of goodies and is in English and Japanese. But now its saying 14 impacts...which leads me to believe they are doing another one. One part of the site keeps giving me trouble but there is also a podcast to subscribe to and get the trailers as they come out.

http://www.genius-party.jp/

Have at it and let me know what you think. Also let me know if you can get the 14 impact project link to fully load, it gets stuck on me at 70%. I'm excited about this and its gonna debut in DC and then tour all the film festivals.