Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2003 MTV Music Awards Official

2003 MTV Music Awards Official

Chris Rock is back to hosting the show. I like the MTV awards show, always a good surprise or two. I know I'm in the minority here as alot of you here hate MTV for whatever reason. Anyone gonna check the show out?

2. I only watch their Movie awards once a year. Video Music awards dont really interest me, since I dont even watch MTV otherwise.

3. I'll check out the video music awards during a replay. No way in hell I'm watching this instead of SmackDown on Thursday night. Why they even bother having the VMAs is beyond me, as they barely show videos outside of TRL, and even then the videos are chopped up.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    I'll check out the video music awards during a replay. No way in hell I'm watching this instead of SmackDown on Thursday night. Why they even bother having the VMAs is beyond me, as they barely show videos outside of TRL, and even then the videos are chopped up.
    Agreed. Plus it's Chris Rock hosting (how much of one stereotypically loud annoying black guy can you take), which also gives me yet another reason to dismiss it until replay.
    Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    SNK is like an abusive boyfriend; he keeps hitting me, and I want to leave him, but then I think about the good times we have together and keep telling myself I'll give him just one more chance to change.

5. it's fixed

Quote Originally Posted by cka
    it's fixed
    Welcome to the 90's. Enjoy your stay.
    Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    SNK is like an abusive boyfriend; he keeps hitting me, and I want to leave him, but then I think about the good times we have together and keep telling myself I'll give him just one more chance to change.

7. All the nominees can be seen here-

http://www.mtv.com/onair/vma/2003/nominees/

It was a real shitty year for videos in general. I'm really glad to see Johnny Cash being nominated for so many awards with "Hurt", but the lack of Michelle Branch for "Goodbye to You" (Which while old, easily could have made it in. Are You Happy Now was too late) is upsetting since that was a REAAALLY good video.

The viewers choice award this year is hilarious. Lets see...50 Cent (Kill me), Kelly Clarkson (Annoying), Eminem (Sorry, Im an ICP fan), Good Charolette (You people are so old, who do you think you're fooling), Beyonce (Go back to Destinys Child, PLEASE) and...Justin Timberlake! I got nothing bad to say against him so theres my vote.

I'll be watching just to see how Chris Rock does. Who hosted last year anyways?
    Play Guitar Hero //

8. i loved when jimmy hosted last year...not too excited about rock this year.

9. Like most of MTV's programming, there's really no need to watch it on Thursday night, because you'll be able to relive the show multiple times a day for the next 2 months.

10. Yup. I'm amazed they haven't come out with DVDs of the VMAs yet, it's got to be a goldmine for DVD extras judging by the few trillion or show OMFVMA UNCENSORED!! shows they run each year. Chris Rock hosting it will be one of the only reason I can think of to watch it.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan