Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2003 MTV Music Awards Official

LOL Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AFX
    Seriously, "Hurt" is probably the most beautiful music video OF ALL TIME. Just because it doesn't have bright colors, a fish eye lens or people dancing it gets fucked over? Bullshit.
    Did they let down? Did they make you hurt?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy

Man, they had Duran Duran out there for an award, and NO ONE gave a fuck. AND the video that they were going to play didn't have any sound. Ouch. Most of the performances were pretty ho hum. I didn't see a mic on Beyonce, was she lip synching? My favorite was cold play, I didn't care about any other bands that played there. And who the fuck picked the songs for the Metallica medley? Yikes (plus they really botched a transition).
    Godzilla got a video tribute and Duran Duran got a statue shoved in their hands and a broken video. They were like, what the hell? Such disrespect...

The biggest problem was the videos that were up for awards. There were about 6. I'll be generous and say 10. Every award had the same fucking videos going up against each other. It was like watching Groundhog day, every damm video playing over and over and over. I'm happy to see Kelly Clarkson (American Idol chick) didn't get shit. But Cash was robbed. There were some truly shitty outfits there too. Christ some people have the worst taste.
    I think the problem with the VMAs is the same that MTV has. They decide what kids eat, wear, listen to, and say. The biggest MTV lapdogs got the push at the awards; those who the network wants to continue to shove in our faces and the ones they think will be tomorrow's big stars. Everyone else gets little or no air time. Look at the emphaisis given to Duran Duran or Johnny Cash compared to Beyonce (sp?) and Justin. Only the MTV creations get the time. Remember when Limp Bizkit was the network's favorite? They were on all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    SNK is like an abusive boyfriend; he keeps hitting me, and I want to leave him, but then I think about the good times we have together and keep telling myself I'll give him just one more chance to change.

4. The Britney/Christina/Madonna thing at the start of the show wasn't bad. Chris Rock was hilarious.

What was bad? Johnny Cash didn't get an award.

Metallica's gig at the end was a big "Meh".

Quote Originally Posted by Sl1p
    Man I feel so bad for Run DMC, having to introduce this shitty crop of rap after all the groundwork they helped lay before..Bah.
    I agree with maybe a couple exceptions. Nelly and Will Smith are all right, but someone forgot to put in the C when it comes to what we call most of the recent rap.