Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Worst Omisions

1. Your Worst Omisions

I'm hoping I'm not the only one with this particular issue;

When it comes to Sega titles, for the most part, I've played all of the important ones, and rarely miss out on at least trying out each new title. Again, the important ones.

Anyway......

When it comes to other consoles, I'm afraid I've had some serious issues with letting games go by that never should have. When I was a serious Saturn nazi in 1996, 97, and nearly 98, I avoided the Playstation for the most part, only endugling in things like Colony Wars, Tomba, GT1, and WOXL....

Case in point,

1. I've never played Resident Evil. None of them. I've seen about two hours of part one and about a half hour of Code Veronica, and that's all I've ever seen. But again, never played a single game in this series.

2. Metal Gear Solid. The original (including the sequel) can be added to games I've never played! I saw enough and heard enough of MGS to know of it's quality high mark, but I never had the controller in my hand, in my home, playing the game.

One might think I have some catching up to do, an understatement indeed.

Who else left games out of their timespan that practically the rest of the intelligent world didn't?

Mom, you're the man,

~Quinn
    Can't live without the classics...
    Original and Remixed Game Music

Johnny Guest
    I played FF7 last year for the first time. Before that I watched friends play here and there. On a similar note, I just got into the PSX scene when the PSone launched. Before that I had bought a PSX, however is died soon after and I stuck to my Saturn, Dreamcast and brother's N64.

3. Okay....time to fess up:

1. I don't own, and never have owned, the DC, PS2, GameCube or XBOX. (the GBA is all I need. I'm in love with 2D :P)

2. I owned a SMS, when everyone else on my block had a NES.

3. I chose the TG-16 over the Genny and SNES.

4. Likewise, I chose the TurboDuo over the SegaCD (I did it at one time tho, but traded it for a Honda Spree scooter)

5. Even tho I've owned pretty much every portable at one point, the Arari Lynx and NGPC remain my favorites.

6. I've said too much

4. I've played half way through but never finished FF6.

Final Fantasy X.

I haven't played Rez...yet.

Alot of Saturn titles, like NiGHTS, any of the Panzer Dragoon games, or Radiant Silvergun.

Phantasy Star IV.

PC Engine Dracula X.

Metal Gear Solid 2.

Probably more that I can't think of, and I'm sure there'll be alot more to come until I leave Dreamcast land. But...I just can't let go!
    -Kyo

5. Wow, alot of you are in the same boat as me. The only real difference is that I've watched other people play alot of those "must have" games, and I was content just watching instead of playing. Games that I've seen people play through(and I mean ALL the way):

Resident Evil and RE2
    Metal Gear Solid
    Final Fantasy Tactics (although I've finally started for myself)
    Devil May Cry
    Metal Gear Solid 2
    Silent Hill 2
    Maximo
    Xenogears
    RE Code Veronica
    Wipeout
    Final Fantasy X
    Evergrace
    Any of the tomb Raider games. They just weren't my thing.
    There's more, I just can't think of any. The thing is, my friends and I don't mind watching as long as the person playing is good; or if they're stuck, someone else will take over.
    Also, I don't have a PS2, X-Box, or Gamecube yet, but I have finished most of the Dreamcast games I have.

6. Not as many as i thought for me, but still unfortunate:

EVERY single Survival Horror game
    FF 8, 9, 10
    Ape Escape
    Panzer Dragoon Saga
    Dracula X
    Zelda: Ages and Seasons
    Zelda II
    Kid Icarus
    Castlavania IV

7. There's always going to be some game that you just can't quite get to, but here are some of the ones I regret the most.

Final Fantasy - I was a DW fanboy back in the day and never gave it a chance.

Xenogears - All I ever hear is what a masterpiece of an RPG it is, I just haven't found the time to play it yet

Grandia - I owned it for the psx for over a year and I just never got around to it, shame.

Raident Silvergun - I'm not paying over $100 for it and I don't know anyone who has it. I'll play it if it's ever afordable.

Samba De Amigo - I really want it right now, hopefully I'll come across an affordable one with maracas someday.

Phanstay Star - I didn't own a master system untill the game was already too rare. Plus not a single person I knew back in the day had a SMS to tell me how cool it was.

TG-16 - yep I've never played a single game on the TG-16. I always wanted one but my Mom just wouldn't let it happen and I still haven't picked one up.

There's more but my brain hurts,
    -Gigas
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

8. I've missed a lot of the games you guys have listed, but in most cases I miss them because I dislike the genre...the RPGs, the adventure games, that sort of thing.

I don't own a PCE, and there are loads of games on that system that I'd like to own and play - it's a real shame, considering how many platformers and shooters the thing has. I don't know if I'll ever get around to buying a PCE and some games, maybe in a few years.

9. i can't say i've missed out on too much, but here are a few:

turbo duo - back in the days of its prime. i wanted one so bad, but never had the money to afford it. it's a different story now.

neo geo - same as the duo.

there are still a lot games i own that i haven't played, most of them on the psx (persona 2, wild arms 2, omega boost, etc.)

10. Re: Your Worst Omisions

Originally posted by Quinn Fox
    2. Metal Gear Solid. The original (including the sequel) can be added to games I've never played! I saw enough and heard enough of MGS to know of it's quality high mark, but I never had the controller in my hand, in my home, playing the game.
    Wow, you're missing out on some great gameplay. Play the original first, if you like it then tackle the (more confusing) sequel.

My omission list:

Jet Grind Radio
    Rez
    Devil May Cry
    Jet Set Radio Future
    Fear Effect 2
    Virtua Fighter 4
    Samba de Amigo
    Valkyrie Profile

Loads more, can't think of em right now...