Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Sorry, sir, you'll have to check your chainsaw with the flight attendant..."

1. "Sorry, sir, you'll have to check your chainsaw with the flight attendant..."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...nm/security_dc

Guns, Chain Saws Seized from Air Passengers
    Thu Aug 28, 8:30 AM ET Add Oddly Enough - Reuters to My Yahoo!

NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. airport baggage screeners, displaying seized chain saws, machetes and knives, warned travelers to check their luggage for offensive objects before boarding a flight.

Officials of the Transport Security Administration, speaking ahead of this weekend's Labor Day holiday -- a busy travel time -- said that since February 2002 more than 7.5 million prohibited items had been seized.
    They included 50,000 box cutters -- a weapon said to be used by the Sept. 11, 2001 hijackers -- and 1,437 firearms as well as 2.3 million knives.

The TSA officials told a news conference most people with such items in their bags intended no malice but advised passengers to consult the Web site www.tsatraveltips.usa for advice on what to leave behind when making a trip.

Since the Sept. 11 attacks screeners have confiscated seemingly harmless items like nail clippers and cigarette lighters from passengers.

But some carry more obviously dangerous items. Chain saws, a weed cutting machine, hand saws and machetes, steak knives, bottles of camping stove fuel and perfume bottles shaped like hand grenades were among items displayed as a sample of objects seized at New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport.

While some carry-on items may have been innocent -- a hockey stick or a child's plastic sword -- other discoveries by TSA have yielded razor blades in tennis shoes and a bayonet hidden in a hollowed-out artificial leg.
    A fucking chainsaw as a carry-on item...?!? Do people have any brains at all?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

People.
    Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    SNK is like an abusive boyfriend; he keeps hitting me, and I want to leave him, but then I think about the good times we have together and keep telling myself I'll give him just one more chance to change.

3. Was it Leatherface, goin on vacation?

4. A weed cutting machine!
    BTFJ

5. "bayonet hidden in a hollowed-out artificial leg"

I love this guy.

6. I want to see drinking straws make the prohibited list.

Alright, seriously.

Without box cutters and drinking straws how am I suppose to perform an emergency tracheotomy on passengers choking on chicken?

8. God, some people are so stupid. A CHAINSAW? That's just lazy.

How about an axe? Do it the old way.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

9. I think George Carlin had a few good things to say about it.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

10. Quote Originally Posted by Seven Force
    I want to see drinking straws make the prohibited list.
    Yeah, those things are dangerous. With enough wind, they'll go right through a tree trunk.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww