Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ready for PlayStation 3?

You have made my brain hurt.

Originally posted by bahn
    Though let's keep in mind...as powerful as it is, the variety of quality titles is much lower compared to that which is available on PS2 (although this shall quickly change over the course of the next several months!)
    The Xbox will never catch the PlayStation 2 in terms of sales, quality titles, variety or titles, etc. Microsoft can do nothing more than bleed money and hope that decent foundation is setup for Xbox 2.

Ok. This shouldn't excite anyone, because developers are always working on new systems. What I want to know is this..when am I going to have time to build up a library on all my systems?!? I know they don't care, but if you look at them all, the only system that has enough really great games, games worth owning, to build oup a library of 30 or so games is the PS2. I haven't bought more than 40 games for a system since my SNES. I want to enjoy these systems while they're out instead of foam at the mouth and rush the new ones...Thought of the Next 4 Years...MAKE MORE 2D Games!! A- They can look spectacularly gorgeous now. Remember Dragon's Lair? Aim for stuff that plays like a platformer and looks like THAT!! ) You'll get something nice-looking... B-The challenge of 2d's is different, not better than 3d games. Generations ago, beating a game meant something. Now we calculate how many hours we beat every game in. I never beat Ninja Gaiden 2. I still haven't beaten NG1!! Those games, and SHOOTERS more SHOOTERS... they were so fantastic...I don't want to rely on my GBA for all the great 2d action that can be. Speaking of GBA's, I read here that Nov. 29th KB toys are selling them for 40 dollars each. My god! I can finally fix the greivous error I made when I put a 3rd party screen protector over my old one, making it HELLA dark and scratched and impossible to play, since then my GBA has been dead... I know, what can I say, I was probably drunk at the time...Never go accessory shopping drunk!
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

Metalboyblue Guest
    My reply to the guest....... Wow dude. I cannot beleive that you are able to type. The was the most garbled trash I have ever read. I understand that people use shortcuts while online but please expand a word or two for those of us who read english. I am not here mearly to trash your ability to speak/write, I do have an opinion. I never buy the newest technology first because it always costs too much. Playstation 1 has enough fun titles for me until 2 falls into my price range. I have played PS2 and it rocks, Xbox does as well. I will however purchase this next generation system based on games I want to play, that's it. If the Xbox outperformes PS2 I could care less unless it has better games. I may be a tightwad but it takes a lot to seperate me from $350 to play a game.

5. Whatever, just so long as the PS3 is compatible with PS2 games (ala PS2 & PS1 games) I'll be happy.

Unregistered Guest
    im thinking about asking for a ps2 for christmas.i played it over my friends house and its awesome.. should i still get it or just wait.. because its gonna be a few years before ps3 and i dont wanna buy ps2 and have ps3 come out. that always seems to happen to me buy something and then have something better come out just after. so is ps3 too far away to stop me from buying a ps2? or should i wait? also what games u guys recomend? i like GTA3 and vice city but any others u reccomend?

thanks

Unregistered Guest
    We all gotta take a step back and look at all what the systems have to offer as well. Nintendo= a younger crowd and cannot dominate the real gaming ages (teen to early 20s) because we like more violence and action that Pikman. Also, if you want the best, then you need to buy a GBA (very nice handheld) as an xtra controller for your games and its all confusing. Xbox is sooooo big. It crushed small woodland rodents and I swore it ate the neighbors kids. Yah, Halo is one of the best games of the year, but the last difficulty is "stupid" hard (only beaten by not concentration and dumb luck" and when I saw the graphics, I wasn't amused. I stand by my ps2 with its fun. Also, i didnt have to spend another $30 to watch DVDs on it =P.

8. Smells like GameFAQs...

Originally posted by Unregistered
    We all gotta take a step back and look at all what the systems have to offer as well. Nintendo= a younger crowd and cannot dominate the real gaming ages (teen to early 20s) because we like more violence and action that Pikman. Also, if you want the best, then you need to buy a GBA (very nice handheld) as an xtra controller for your games and its all confusing. Xbox is sooooo big. It crushed small woodland rodents and I swore it ate the neighbors kids. Yah, Halo is one of the best games of the year, but the last difficulty is "stupid" hard (only beaten by not concentration and dumb luck" and when I saw the graphics, I wasn't amused. I stand by my ps2 with its fun. Also, i didnt have to spend another $30 to watch DVDs on it =P.
    My God... you are dumb.

10. May I ask why you are trolling the news board? Granted, you can't PM an unregistered account.