Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: omfg the post count

omfg the post count

So I noticed that sometime in the last week or so I lost a bunch of posts. Were a bunch of threads moved to Fight Club or something?

Also, it is worth noting that "find all posts by this user" does not do what it implies. It should be called "find some of the posts by this user, but nowhere near all of them".

2. Someone must have updated the counters for the forums. That reduction in post cost would have been over the past several months (maybe the past year) and would have been caused by posts being moved and similar factors.

I haven't noticed the problem you mention with the search feature. Can you provide an example of the "Find all posts" feature ignoring a post someone made?

According to the "find all posts by this user" feature I have made 500 posts, and my first post ever was on 08-07-2003 at 05:54 AM.

4. Increasing the number of results returned for a search reveals that 88 actually has 10,646 posts here.

Every one of them a shining pearl of wisdom...

6. That has a ring to it:

"And the winner of this month's 88mph Shining Pearl of Wisdom Award is . . . "

Too bad we can't afford to give away trophies, let alone trophies with pearls in them.

Have Bahn pay for them... he makes a M.I.T. salary.
    He can afford it.

8. Looks like you have 8,948 posts now.

9. You've got more posts than Jeremy. That's pretty funny.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    You've got more posts than Jeremy. That's pretty funny.
    What a nerd.
    Well that's like, your opinion, man.