Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4678

Thread: First night with the Xbox = what's up with the Cube?

1. *giggles*

I remember an old catch-phrase: spec-monkey ^_^

but honestly, a game won't push a system unless it's developed from the ground up for that specific system. Seeing as how doing that three times over for one title isn't gonna matter when it comes to sales, devs will port, multiplatform games will look like PS2 offerings, and most people won't care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

2. Originally posted by Hero
    *giggles*

I remember an old catch-phrase: spec-monkey ^_^

but honestly, a game won't push a system unless it's developed from the ground up for that specific system. Seeing as how doing that three times over for one title isn't gonna matter when it comes to sales, devs will port, multiplatform games will look like PS2 offerings, and most people won't care.
    I guess I can be a spec-monkey sometimes, heh. I try not to show it very often, becuase when I do, it means Im not, "all about the games.". Because, apparently, enjoying the technical side of systems completely voids you of actually enjoying the game. And here I thought I was enjoying the fuck outta Rocket Knight Adventures just last night. Ok, Im ranting becuase Im angry at something people do that isnt even happening here... sorry.

You're right though, most of the time, GC and X-box titles will look close to PS2 titles, cause devs and pubs dont care. Maybe someday, a few will... and the gaming world will be a bit brighter.

Z-roe
    A is for action

3. nah, if you dig specs that doesn't null everything else. I don't care for people who espouse specs all day and think that aspect alone makes or breaks a system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.