Page 1 of 8 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: First night with the Xbox = what's up with the Cube?

1. First night with the Xbox = what's up with the Cube?

Yea! Fun console bickering time! When I got my Cube, I thought the games looked nice. A small updgrade from what the DC could do, but nice. Hmmm... The DC probably couldn't touch that water, but everything else.....a small upgrade. Star Wars had a trick or two up its sleve as well. Not overwhelming, but some nice tricks. Smash Brothers looked like an all-out DC game. So did Bloody Roar, but they looked nice. Hey, I still think to this day the DC can put out some mighty purdy visuals, so I was a happy man as far as the capabilities of my Cube were concerned.

Then I get my Xbox yesterday. JSRF looks like an upgraded DC game, just like the Cube games. But Rallisport. Oh dear God. Rallisport. I've never seen anything like it. So far head and sholders above anything else graphically that I still can't belive it. The trees. The tall grass. The bump mapping on the icy streets at sunset. FOR THE LOVE OF POTATO CHIPS, LOOK AT THAT BUMP MAPPING! I just don't know what to say. This graphics whore has been compleatly bowled over.

So what's the deal then? Did the Cube drop the ball that badly with the visuals on its launch titles, or is the Xbox that much more powerful? I'd like to think the Cube is right up there. So why don't I see it? I guess Resident Evil will answer this question in a few days.

TheSCHLONG! Guest
    nothing on the cube has knocked my socks off......yet.

3. The Gamecube's not really at Xbox's level as far as sheer hardware power goes, I think. I haven't seen anything on the Gamecube that's really impressed me graphically, either - Rogue Leader looks nice, but not great.

4. So the initial opinion seems to be that the Cube just ain't at that level, eh? I really thought it was. If I were a developer (and selling a zillion copies wasn't an issue) I'd be camped outside of Microsoft's door.

5. Originally posted by Stone
    The Gamecube's not really at Xbox's level as far as sheer hardware power goes, I think. I haven't seen anything on the Gamecube that's really impressed me graphically, either - Rogue Leader looks nice, but not great.
    Ya. Truth be told...we have yet to see Gamecube really deliver some benchmark titles that rival Xbox in graphics.

However, where it pales in comparison with visuals, it makes up in gameplay...as Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime, "Celda", and other titles to be announced/featured at E3 will demonstrate.

6. Re: First night with the Xbox = what's up with the Cube?

Originally posted by Chibi Nappa
    JSRF looks like an upgraded DC game, just like the Cube games.
    Are you crazy ?? The shit this game pulls graphically is amazing. Wait until some of the later levels. WOW.
    JSRF graphically blows away JGR.
    - Kabuki

7. Well, HALO and JSRF really show some of the best graphical examples on what Xbox can do. 2 different styles of graphics, and both are excellent. I didnt see anything on the Cube yet, to be on that level.

I know that RE remake looks awesome, but I have to wait till tomorrow to really see it.

8. Originally posted by bahn However, where it pales in comparison with visuals, it makes up in gameplay...as Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime, "Celda", and other titles to be announced/featured at E3 will demonstrate.
    We hope.

9. What about Luigi's Mansion? I know it's all kiddie like but the visuals were very nice. The way you could interact with everything was awsome. The ghosts,table cloth, mirror,dust, etc. I don't see much of a difference between it and the XBOX. Now, I'm playing them on a regular TV with S-video so I don't have any Hi def input here. Besides, I think that Star Wars is as nice looking as anything on the Box. Graphical tricks or not. It looks bad ass. IMHO

10. personally i think Rogue Leader looks better than Rallisport

i cant beleive of all games you think Rallisport is the most amazing visually

i hated the fact that the ONLY thing thats like sharp on the road is stuff directly underneath your car it just almost like pops its weird i cant describe it but i dont like it at all

and RL has a bucket load of bump mapping its also doing 16 million polys a second

you need to see the Resident Evil remake in action