Well, I just rescently finished up Zone of Enders: Dolores i.

Overall I can rank this one as slightly above average. Before I continue I'll say that my knowledge of the ZOE universe is limited to parts of the first game and the OVA "ZOE: Idolo".

The animations for this series is top notch. You definilely can tell that this is a newer series. The sound is also very good. The meat of this review will deal with story though.

ZOE: Dolores i moves away from the dark feel of the first game and the OVA while doing a very good job of expanding the ZOE Universe. The general premesis of the story deals with a guy named James Links. His wife was pronounced dead in an accident years ago and he has a bad relationship with his kids. Needing an excuse to try to go to Earth and see his family he takes a shady job that ends up getting him and his family in alot of trouble. And so the series show their adventures and they try to clear their names.

ZOE: Dolores is a mixture of drama, action, and sci-fi that blends very well. It does a very good job of balancing seriousness and humor. Though they aren't directly comparable, the closest thing I can think of to compare this series to is Outlaw star. It's a very fun journey that's well worth the trip.

As far as Dub vs. Sub, while I like the dub voices better, for some reason the Dub leaves out references to the game that are brought up in the sub so I would definitely reccomend watching both.

Lastly, while I feel the OVA isn't worth buying on its own, it greatly improves the experience towards the end of the series if you watch it so I will reccomend it as a rental or budget purchase.

Overall the series is very good. Die hard ZOE fans might shy away from the change of atmosphere, but anyone who's willing to stick it out is in for a nice ride.