Thread: Karaoke Party for PlayStation 2

News Karaoke Party for PlayStation 2

Datel (makers of Action Replay and many other unlicensed accessories for several systems) have announced a software product for PlayStation 2 called Karaoke Party. It's supposed to include over 20 songs and come packaged with not one but two microphones. See this article from GameSpot or this article from PSX2.com for more information.

What do you think? I'm kind of looking forward to Karaoke Revolution, the game from Konami and Harmonix that actually analyzes and judges your singing. This product, on the other hand, seems to be more of a straightforward karaoke rather than an interactive game. For that reason, it's not going to be a substitute for Karaoke Revolution, although Datel might be hoping to hook in the same type of audience.

I wonder how long Datel has had Karaoke Party in development, and if they're timing this product's release to capitalize on the buzz that Karaoke Revolution has been receiving? I'm guessing it won't be officially licensed by Sony, based on Datel's prior product history...but will it be good?
    "PSP will elevate portable entertainment out of the handheld gaming ghetto." -- Kaz Hirai

2. 2 avril songs, 88 will be pleased