Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Argonaut Thread

The Argonaut Thread

Having just played Red Dog, I have to say that it is certainly an underrated DC game. I remember a few people mentioning it before here.

Argonaut has made some other good games as well. I like Croc even though most people don't. Starfox was an excellent collaboration wth Nintendo. And I remember King Arthur's World being pretty good.

2. The first Croc was a great game. I beat and traded it in long ago, but I was looking through some PSX games at EB yesterday, and came across a copy, and that stirred up the fine memories I had of playing it. I think I'll pick it up again...

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. the only argonaunt game i played seriously is starfox, which is the mad dopage if i may say so.

i played croc at my cousin's house, but only for five minutes. it was pretty good, judging from those few minutes.

argonaunt seems to have a pretty good track record so far. i'm gonna have to track down a copy of red dog. i've been hearing a lot of good things about it.

Argonaut has still made some crap. Creature Shock or FX Fighter, anyone?

I would really like to play some of their early games I missed like Skyline Attack and the Starglider series.

aw, I got excited cuz I thought that the "Jason and the Argonauts" official thread had finally come. "finally", i thought, "love for scary clay monsters and 1960's broads". But als, I was sorely mistaken. Carry on, then...

6. Did'nt they also make Buck Bumble for the N64?
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

7. Yep.

Yeah, they made Buck Bumble. Is it any good? It got pretty bad reviews, IIRC.

9. The original Starglider was one of the top games ever released on the Atari ST. Pure balls-to-the-wall action. It ran extremely fast considering it was a 3D polygonal shooter on a comparatively underpowered platform.

Starglider 2 was also excellent, but in a different way. It was more of a shooter-adventure, where you had to fly to different planets and track down things.

Both games were released at a time when it was trendy for European developers to pack a "novella" in their games that explained the plot in greater detail. I always thought they were odd, but I'm glad someone put in the effort.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

I was thinking, if there was anyone who has played a Starglider at TNL, it would be sleeveboy.

I really need to buy an Atari ST and/or Amiga computer one of these days. Emulation just isn't the same.