Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colombia/Tristar... geeking out?

1. Colombia/Tristar... geeking out?

No, I don't mean that as a bad thing...

It seems that a major company is finally realizing the strength of geekiness. They put out the Final Fantasy movie last year, they just put out Metropolis in theatres and on DVD (and the theatrical showing was SUBTITLED, no less), Spider-man is getting closer and closer, and they're releasing the Bebop movie this summer.

Though it's not a majority of what they release percentage-wise, it's nice to see a company taking interest in getting such things out to a wider audience. Obviously, something with a Sony-owned label on it will reach far more people than relative small fries like ADV, Bandai, et al.

Anyway, if you have time, drop them an e-mail telling them how much you appreciate their contribution to a market that is usually overlooked by the other major studios.

2. Isn't the geek market Star Wars territory?

3. Re: Colombia/Tristar... geeking out?

Originally posted by Bacon McShig
    No, I don't mean that as a bad thing...

It seems that a major company is finally realizing the strength of geekiness. They put out the Final Fantasy movie last year, they just put out Metropolis in theatres and on DVD (and the theatrical showing was SUBTITLED, no less), Spider-man is getting closer and closer, and they're releasing the Bebop movie this summer.

Though it's not a majority of what they release percentage-wise, it's nice to see a company taking interest in getting such things out to a wider audience. Obviously, something with a Sony-owned label on it will reach far more people than relative small fries like ADV, Bandai, et al.

Anyway, if you have time, drop them an e-mail telling them how much you appreciate their contribution to a market that is usually overlooked by the other major studios.
    Not too mention all the uncut HK films they have released in their original languages I might add. Also Shiri an amazing Korean film and a bunch of other great foreign films...

It's nice to see a company do right where Miramax has done so much wrong when it come to HK films...
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

4. The only thing I hate more than the word geek is the made-up term of "geeking".

5. The only thing I hate more than the word geek is the made-up term of "geeking".
    Stop geeking up this thread, you geek.

6. Originally posted by Bacon McShig

Stop geeking up this thread, you geek.
    An important message from me to you.

7. I've noticed Columbia/Tristar releasing more obscure items lately too. I'm glad.

Take Shiri for example, I just picked that up the other day and it's wonderful.

I didn't know they were releasing Bebop in theatres. Presumably a limited run correct?
    -Mullet Jockey-
    Check out my site!
    Eat. Sleep. Music.

8. I want my Fist of Legend and Drunken Master 2 on dvd with the original language track!

9. ...

Originally posted by Green
    I want my Fist of Legend and Drunken Master 2 on dvd with the original language track!
    Well there is an offical HK DVD release of Fist of Legend, uncut and in cantonese and mandarin. As far as DM2--they finally released an official HK version, but it's region 3, so it won't play in U.S. DVD players. I also know there's a region free DVD version floating around ebay, but I don't know what the quality is like.
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

10. Any of these dvds subtitled?