Thread: FLCL manga vol. #1.

1. Puyo FLCL manga vol. #1.

[I'm only posting this outside of the 'Manga!' thread so that more people will see it.]

Waldenbooks has released FLCL #1 [original date is 9/16], so you know what to do.

Anyway, thoughts:

-The art stlye is really slick. It really works well.

-The story is even more convoluted than the OVA's. Events occur out of order, and it's almost like you have to piece together the plotline. You'll see what I mean. Don't expect this to clear anything up that you may have missed when you watched the anime.

-Likewise, the plotline certainly does not follow the original story very closely. For better or worse, I do not know.

#2 [of only 2] release November 4th.

2. wait... there's only going to be two volumes? and all this time i thought they were going to stick with 3. hmmm... as if it wasn't already short. not complaining though.

and i went all over the damn place today looking for it. hit up Kinokuniya, Midtown Comics, and two B&N's. out of the 4 stores, i halfway expected both B&N's and Kino to have copies but sadly not at all. Kino might have sold out at the fest and i guess not all B&N's are breaking street. Midtown expects their shippment in tomorrow due to holiday delays.

3. I was looking at this today in Borders Books... really strange. Didn't give it a read or a purchase (yet), but definitely weirder than even the show. I'll say some more after I buy it (all books 20% off at Borders Sept. 4-6 with valid HS or college ID! Yay!).

4. I've been waiting for this one, ever since that fan-base group translated the first chapter, oh so long ago.

Don't expect me to say anything less than it's awesome stuff. Reading it twice through should clear everything up.