Thread: Oni and Electric Angel (new image)

1. Oni and Electric Angel (new image)

The hands and club are unfinished because Painter crashed while saving my work file, destroying it, but I'd still like to hear what people think to help me refine my technique for future images, especially about the colored outline and the way its shaded. The rest of the lines are pretty much as I want them so comments on those are welcome too.

Fumiko was the original name of the character Kumiko from the online comic Akumika I'm working on. Computer problems made it impossible to work on the comic though so decided to try to visualize what the original version of Kumiko would have been like. Outfit is sort of a cross between Lum from UY and Naga from Slayers. I would have rather had something more original, though still keeping the tiger striped theme, but I'm no good in coming up with that sort of thing.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

2. LUM! LUMUUUU!!
    Hehehe. Tiger stripe-anything reminds me of Lum . Great work, man. I like her bod and color. Oh, but her leg seems to be a bit long, tho'. I love the design. Keep it up !

3. Quote Originally Posted by mrdandy
    LUM! LUMUUUU!!
    Hehehe. Tiger stripe-anything reminds me of Lum . Great work, man. I like her bod and color. Oh, but her leg seems to be a bit long, tho'. I love the design. Keep it up !
    Since UY is basically the only anime I watch now, Lum was a definite influence on the design, though I made the cut of her bikini a little skimpier and the horns larger. I knew there was a problem with the legs, but didn't know what until you pointed it out. Thanks.

Rather than create a new topic, I'll just stick my latest effort here. I've never spent more time on a single image than I have in making this one so I might have rushed the final details, but overall I'm happy with it. It was supposed to be an android, but it probably looks more like someone in a armored suit. The hair is supposed to be metal, but not sure if that comes across. Suggestions for improvement are welcome.

Including an alternate version that almost looks as if it came from a 3D package with some cell-shading applied.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2