Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alone in the Dark New Nightmare on DC - Show Some Love

1. Originally posted by EThugg
    I've been meaning to buy it, but nover got to it...
    Same here. Post more impressions...

2. Hmm...I own it- my girlfriend picked it up for me...she said it looked like "your kind of game". She's actually right, since I've played just about every survival horror game out (yes, even Countdown Vampires). I've played around with it (it seems very cool), but I have to sit down and give this thing some serious playtime. I like the trick they did with the flashlight...very impressive, considering that the backgrounds are prerendered.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. Originally posted by TheSCHLONG!
    this game as well as Skies of Arcadia and Guilty Gear X are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOO much better thru VGA.
    Shenmue II is the VGA king.

AitD is #3 on my to-get domestic DC list. And since none of the local shops have #s 1 & 2, I'll definitely be grabbing this one soon...although it sucks if it's sensitive. Can anybody tell me how to do that trick to increase the laser power on my DC?
    -Kyo

4. no, you don't want to increase the laser power.. that won't help.. instead, take a Q-tip and gently brush any dust particles off the laser eye..

5. AiTD was amazingly frustrating.

It looked great, but had far, far too many bugs, mostly due to the faulty "save anywhere!" system.

Three times I got stuck in a room/area because the correct key/item had vanished from my inventory. (My lens is newly cleaned). When I got to the church, I realized that in order to progress I needed an item....that was back in the freakin MANSION, which I couldn't return to. This kind of thing shouldn't happen.

I shouldn't be forced to alter between two different saves.

BOOOOO Infogrames!!

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010