Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The RIAA cares about YOU!! --- Update 9/10/03

1. Puyo The RIAA cares about YOU!! --- Update 9/10/03

OK, now I hate them more.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/interne....ap/index.html

Who the fuck do they think they are kidding? Oh, I sign this form and I will never ever download music again...yes siree!!! God, it reminds me of when I was like 10 years old and my parents made me sign some agreement that if I cleaned my room everday and got good grades they wouldn't punish me. I would love to meet the idiots that come up with this crap. They are never going to get it...ever. Fuckin' RIAA are a bunch of middle aged white folkes with too much money who don't get laid. UGH!!!

2. omfg... thats unreal, this is unbelievable. This is coming from a corporation? You know, this whole situation especially with the legal actions is like the equivalent of a 5 year old whining and complaining to their parents (govt) about their brother who snatched his toy car. Ridiculous.

I hope that no dumb fucking idiot signs anything. Everyone raise your hand if you've recently downloaded some mp3s of an artist and then gone out to buy the album because of it. *Raises both hands* Ah ha! They've got me, guilty of being a smart consumer.
    Commentaries and Opinions on Metal

3. Yeah, I’ve been following this whole RIAA thing for awhile on techTV, here's the hit list they have http://www.techtv.com/news/culture/s...484600,00.html

4. that's retarded, if you meet all the requirements, and do everything in the form they wouldn't catch you anyway.

5. You know, if it wasn't for MP3's I would have never even known about half of the artists, groups, & bands that I listen to and PURCHASE their music today. I'll admit it, I will download a single from an aritst. But as soon as they release an album, I'll be the first in line to purchase it. I've always been of the opinion that If an artist releases an album, I would buy it. I will always download singles. Also, if the stupid record companies woke up and actually released music that I liked, I would probably purchase more CD's!! Sadly the stuff I like isn't readly available in the US, Dance & Trance Music. Oh well...whatever...I still buy albums. Thank god for the Internet. Stupid record companies in the US keep shooting themselves in the foot. So instead of giving my hard earned money to them, I give it to overseas record companies...wow what a smart way to attract customers!! They will never win.

6. Seriously...I just downloaded 2 Mp3s of Tsunami Bomb. They are the band that was featured in Disega. Honestly if I had never downloaded their stuff and heard their music, I would not have ever considered buying their album.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I hear Balrog's moveset includes the Fried Chicken Right Cross, The Watermelon Wipeout Punch, and the Welfare Blaster.
    I SWEAR IF YOU BITCH ABOUT TWINSTICKS I WILL BREAK MY FOOT OFF IN YOUR ASS

7. Exactly. My theory is that the RIAA just wants to keep a stranglehold on the music we listen to. It is all about the money, but not the way they are telling us it is. They want us to listen to and buy the artists and crap they promote. I mean, what US company would ever sell Tsunami Bomb?? It would never happen. Before the Internet, in order to listen to music from other parts of the world, you either had to fly to that country, or pay sick import prices. Even then you could never really listen to everything. Now the record companies not only have to compete with each other nationally, but on a global scale. It's all about greed and the all mighty dollar folks. Think about it, if you listen to the radio, you only hear the same 10 songs over & over, no diversity. Now with Mp3's and even Internet Radio, these record companies can't dictate the stuff we listen to anymore. Hell, they tried to push internet radio into an early grave, but they failed. God I hate the RIAA, I think I hate them more than Microsoft.

8. Good point Abobo, never really thought of it in that light. The more access we have to different music (and different cultures in that regard) the less likely we are to be dictated to. Well, in theory.
    Commentaries and Opinions on Metal

9. Quote Originally Posted by TNLthugg
    Yeah, I’ve been following this whole RIAA thing for awhile on techTV, here's the hit list they have http://www.techtv.com/news/culture/s...484600,00.html

Wheres AOL on that list? If people were smart on that target list, their names would be http://www.kazaalite.tk@kazaa.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Spanky McGee
    Wheres AOL on that list? If people were smart on that target list, their names would be http://www.kazaalite.tk@kazaa.
    Even so, they still go by IPs