Thread: Galerians

Galerians

Have any of you played Galerians on the Playstation? What I remember from previews was that it was a sci-fiction survival horror, and it was compared to the movie Scanners.
    How is the story,length music,cut scenes? Also does anyone also know if the sequel is planned for a Domestic release?

Thanks

Korian

2. I tried about a month ago to play Galerians, I really did. There's a lot to like about it, unfortunately gameplay isn't one of those things. I want to know where the story is going, I want to know who the other characters in the instruction manual are. I want to see more of this character and his world.

Too bad I have to actually play this game to do it...

Controls are unkind at best. It's standard Resident Evil stuff, and I hate RE. Push left to turn left, push up to walk forward, etc. It's a control scheme designed to make a game harder than it should be. Add in a variety of cool, but slow to charge, attacks, and you've got a loser in the gameplay. Plus pre-rendered backgrounds have always been something I've tolerated, dreaming of the day they die for good.

James

3. ... kinda cool idea... but poorly executed...

I rented/beat this game. From what I remember, it's a resident evil knock off that wasn't as interesting. I'd say it's not worth the time it takes to beat. There were some twists to the game play, but the story fell short. I'd say stay away from it.

-Darmonde
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

5. run out of pills and you can't finish the game.

I ran out of pills.

+ the 'drain the bathtub to get an item' "puzzle". -_-

Hah.. I remember something to the effect of no pills = crazy headaches that kill you and no mind bullets to kill stuff. But I've been a stingy bastard since RE, so I managed to make it through.

Gotta love that murky bathtub water. It really tried it's best to be just like RE.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner