Thread: Angelic Layer

1. Angelic Layer

I just swipped the new(est) issue of NewType US, and just got done watching the DVD with the first episode of Angelic Layer. I liked what I saw.

It has off-the-frigging-wall humor, appeal, a story that looks like it could develop nicely, and some cool character art.

Anyone see this that would like to comment?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

2. Saw the first ep. at Otakon. Eh, it was okay, I suppose, but I can't say I'm going to go out and buy the first DVD . I don't think the whole 'battle doll' thing works for me.

3. Fair enough. I just thought it looked pretty dern cool.
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

4. I think it was trying and failing to recapture the magic of CCS. I've seen the first six eps and it just seemed kind of dull to me. The main character was too meek and there just wasn't enough happening. I'll wait for the anime sequel to CCS (it's just a manga now, but I'm sure it'll get animated).
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

5. I've always liked CCS, but haven't seen the series through to completion. Maybe I should...

6. Quote Originally Posted by Captain Vegetable
    I've always liked CCS, but haven't seen the series through to completion. Maybe I should...
    There's a lot of filler, especially compared to the manga, and the ending is different from the manga, and you have to see the second movie to get the 'true' ending, but it's all worth it. Heck, it's worth seeing the second movie for Tomoyo's 'evil bitch laugh' alone.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2