Thread: SimCity 4 in Development

1. SimCity 4 in Development

Burgundy hopes EA subtitles this one SinCity.

EA announced earlier today that the tentatively-titled SimCity 4 is in development at its Maxis studio. The newest iteration of the SimCity series will make its debut next month at E3.

Maxis promises that the Sims, the once-invisible denizens of your mini-civilization, will be both visible and interactive. Taking a note from The Sims, Sims can be personalized, placed in the city and observed, providing not only entertainment but enhanced feedback on urban conditions.

The cities in SimCity 4 will no longer exist in a vacuum, but will interact with cities around it once ties are built. Different cities will then be able to cooperate and compete for resources.

Also, Maxis reports that both the graphics and simulation engines will be beefed up for the latest SimCity incarnation. Players will be able to gauge to progress of even individual lots and even explore them from a first person perspective.

Most importantly, Maxis promises that SimCity 4 will include more and bigger disasters.

2. the next installment of Rollercoaster Tycoon and SimCity

*drools*
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

3. .........Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 is in development too!

WOO!

So that's what happened to Simsville. I'll have to listen up on this one.
    Taking it one day at a time.

cool tools

Nothing like counting the number of pigeons perched on the monument to you in the center of town.