Thread: SimCity 4 in Development

1. SimCity 4 in Development

Burgundy hopes EA subtitles this one SinCity.

EA announced earlier today that the tentatively-titled SimCity 4 is in development at its Maxis studio. The newest iteration of the SimCity series will make its debut next month at E3.

Maxis promises that the Sims, the once-invisible denizens of your mini-civilization, will be both visible and interactive. Taking a note from The Sims, Sims can be personalized, placed in the city and observed, providing not only entertainment but enhanced feedback on urban conditions.

The cities in SimCity 4 will no longer exist in a vacuum, but will interact with cities around it once ties are built. Different cities will then be able to cooperate and compete for resources.

Also, Maxis reports that both the graphics and simulation engines will be beefed up for the latest SimCity incarnation. Players will be able to gauge to progress of even individual lots and even explore them from a first person perspective.

Most importantly, Maxis promises that SimCity 4 will include more and bigger disasters.

So that's what happened to Simsville. I'll have to listen up on this one. (copy & paste does it again)
    Taking it one day at a time.

Andy787 Guest
    w00t! I hope it turns out better than SC3000, cause it sure sucked Anyway, I really hope this doesn't turn out how I'm thinking it will, I want SimCity to stay a strategy game, this sounds like they're pushing away from the strategy

I'm not sure. The Sims is considered a strategy game too.

5. Simsville was canceled some time back. There seems to be some difference of opinion on whether it was cancelled by Maxis or EA.

None of the sequels have been as fun as the original Simcity to me, but this one sounds like it has potential. I don't know if I'll buy it though when I know they'll be a dozen or so add-on packs that will cost nearly as much as the full game.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

6. uh...online play anyone?

Wouldn't it own to have a simCountry or something, filled with individual simcities, all vying for the larger piece of the pie?
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

Originally posted by Ammadeau
    Simsville was canceled some time back. There seems to be some difference of opinion on whether it was cancelled by Maxis or EA.

None of the sequels have been as fun as the original Simcity to me, but this one sounds like it has potential. I don't know if I'll buy it though when I know they'll be a dozen or so add-on packs that will cost nearly as much as the full game.
    I know it was canceled but a some of the features mentioned are features that were planned for Simsville it seems.

8. I'm trying to rememeber the name of this one simcity style game that was out awhile back, but it had the role of you playing god and you were trying to satisfy both heaven and hell. One of the funniest naturial desasters was when "disco inferno" hits the area and a "Giant" demon version of John Travolta starts to pound a large area of the city. Maybe they should have this in the game just for laughs!
    don't wanna tangle with you, I'd rather tangle with him.
    I think I'm gonna bash his head in...