Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bubba Ho-Tep

1. Bubba Ho-Tep

Bruce Campbell as THE Elvis, who everyone mistakenly believes is just another impersonator, is stuck in a nursing home while a mummy lurks about, finding its next victim...

I have to see this movie when it comes out!

Trailer here.
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia

2. I think we had either thread about this movie, or some info posted before, plus I posted link to this trailer back in the day.

Still, I am also looking forward this. I like Don Cocarelly, and this is his 2nd NOT PHANTASM film, in his 25 year long movie career

3. Is this a TV movie or a big screen movie?
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. Its Big Screen film. It should be getting limited theatrical run this September.

5. I heard about this two years ago and I'm still wondering when it'll get a theatrical release...

It's playing on the 19th, but only in Portland or something for some film festival. Bah. I'd really like to see this.

6. Yeah, this movie has been done for a while now. Unfortunately, it probably won't get shown in my city. Not unless it does well in the cities it will be released in. C'mon fuckers! Go see it!!!

7. Here's the poster.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. Anyone have a list of the cities it'll be in? I'm willing to drive into Baltimore city if it'll be playing at the Charles.

9. It just premiered in LA last night and in Irvine (where I saw it) and San Diego today. Bruce was there and answered a few questions from the audience afterward, but he didn't have much time to stick around with all the premiere hopping he had scheduled. A few mostly accurate quotes:

"So, Governor Schwarzenegger... That's why I live in Oregon."

"The first Evil Dead game was terrible, the second one, a little better. Maybe the third one will actually be a real video game."

In response to "Can you say <catch phrase here>"?: "Yeah, maybe if I was your little monkey." According to a report I read he used this quip at another showing this week, so I'd like someone to ask him "Can you say 'Yeah, maybe if I was your little monkey?'" to see his reaction.

The movie ... was alright. While it has some very funny moments and is well-made, it also drags a lot and has an uneven quality. The last fight against the creature isn't that great, unfortunately. Anyway, it's of course a must-see for any Bruce fans or lovers of the absurd, but don't fall into the trap of expecting too much from it. Good for a viewing, though.

10. I'm excited for this one as I'm a huge Bruce Campbell fan.