Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: uh... been to IGN lately?

True.

And I'd rather IGN be around then not. If that means McDonald's on a page I stay on for about 10 seconds, so be it. The game collection page is well worth all the McGriddles I can eat. Or something.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

2. If gamers weren't fat before they will be soon...

3. ...wait...

4. Quote Originally Posted by FuryFox
    I know; I've had to do my share of drivel like that myself (well, maybe not like that). I'd just conveniently omit that aberration from my resume, in his case, or blame the corporate figure-heads. That always works.
    "I...I was just following orders, sir!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    Dolemite, glad you liked the Matthew Good quote. And if you liked it in quote form, you'll love it even more in "21st Century Living", where it sounds like it's being said with a drive-thru speaker.
    Oh, and here I thought you made a witty comment all on your own. Instead you're just stealing it from someone I've never heard of.

Who is this Matthew Good person, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by cka
    I wonder what that guy who writes for PS2 IGN (Makize or something similar, registered here) has to say about that McTravesty...
    I wonder what David Smith, a good writer who IGN stupidly shitcanned, has to say about this...

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    Dolemite, glad you liked the Matthew Good quote. And if you liked it in quote form, you'll love it even more in "21st Century Living", where it sounds like it's being said with a drive-thru speaker.
    Shill.

6. All your games are belong to us!

7. no, they're thinking "why didn't we come up with this first?"

IGN are 10x as worse than Gamespot for ads.
    I don't regularly go to either site, but I prefer GS over IGN just because of the lack of ads (or at least the lesser than)

IGN is pathetic.
    Can't they find other means of supporting themselves? Getting sponsers that have to do with GAMES? Rockstar sell ads to Penny Arcade, I'm sure they would let IGN re-design their graphics.

It's just stupid IGN used McDonalds.
    It's all about money now. They don't care about much else anymore.

8. Dolemite, you've never heard of Matthew Good? Well, I'll clue you in, happily. Matt Good is a simply awesome singer, who blends in a great voice with satire, humor, and all sorts of stuff. Meaningful, deep lyrics are in nearly every song too.
    88, yes, I am a PROUD shill for Matthew Good's music, thanks for noticing.
    Now, onto IGN. I'm all in favor of them doing whatever it takes to survive, as the site is pretty damn good. I used to mainly focus on the DVD section, but now the gaming sections are really kicking it up in terms of quality content. These Mickey D's ads don't bother me as they are, at the end of the day, just ads. They're mean to an end for IGN.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

9. Quote Originally Posted by pixelassassin
    It's just stupid IGN used McDonalds.
    It's all about money now. They don't care about much else anymore.
    Here is a tip for you:

It is always about money.

Imagine if you worked at IGN, maybe had a house, a wife, maybe a little kid on the way you had to support. If there wasn't a way for the people that work there to make a living, they'd leave, and IGN would be no more.

Just like magazines, big websites are looking for ways to be profitable. Nearly everyform of web advertising sucks, and as the internet is still in it's fledgling stages, companies are still trying to stay afloat. Bottom line is that internet based companies such as IGN will be trying stuff like this for a loong time to come. Either get used to it now, or the number of "mainstream" sites you can visit for free will start dwindiling quick.

I personally have no problem with IGN doing something like this. I'd much rather look at a McDonalds insipred page than them making more invasive popup/flash style ads, or making even more of the content insider only.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Kidnemo
    Here is a tip for you:

It is always about money.

I personally have no problem with IGN doing something like this. I'd much rather look at a McDonalds insipred page than them making more invasive popup/flash style ads, or making even more of the content insider only.
    Exactly. He also fails to mention that Gamespot locks up a much larger percentage of its content for subscribers only, while most of IGN's stuff is eventually made freely available to everyone.