Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 356789 ... LastLast

Thread: uh... been to IGN lately?

1. Xbox 360 I

Quote Originally Posted by RoleTroll
    BTW, has anyone tried the McGriddle? I don't know anyone who has tried them, everyone I know thinks it sounds nasty.

http://x-entertainment.com/articles/0807

Anyway, IGN did this with Goldmember and some other crap too. As for ads, pop-ups aren't so bad, what annoys the hell out of me is IGN's "click to continue to this page" crap since you have to wait for the ad to load before you can even attempt to move on. Evil!

2. BTW, has anyone tried the McGriddle? I don't know anyone who has tried them, everyone I know thinks it sounds nasty.
    I've had them a few times, they're actually surprisingly tasty. The weird griddle-thing adds a nice touch of sweetness to a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich without actually going overboard into turning breakfast into desert. I hate to say it, they're surprisingly good.

As for the ads loading up, I just hit refresh instantly and it goes away. Mildly annoying but I don't have to suffer through stupid commercials.

James

3. Those flash ads are basically commercials. Pop ups on your TV would be advertisements coming up on the screen over whatever you were watching and you had to physically click enter on every ad for them to disappear.

I still don't care. The interface isn't where the content is.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. Quote Originally Posted by pixelassassin
    Thanks, because I didn't just say that? Just because it's all about money doesn't mean it has to be. It's still pathetic.
    It still seems you don't understand.

That's how a business is run. You make money, not, "lets just make a little money"...it's "how can I make the most money."

Sure, you can keep your indie credibility if you're a little mom and pop shop, or maybe a wannabe punk band, but at the end of the day, you gotta pay the cost of living.

And just because gamespot isn't doing the interface/ad combination right now, it's not to say they won't in the future. I don't know what the profitability of gamespot is compared to IGN, but I guarantee if gamespot caught wind that the "mcgriddle" advertising worked, you'd be looking at the samething at gamespot (and everywhere really).

Of course that is my opinion, but I guarentee I show that to some of my Multimedia Profs and they will bust a gut.
    That's not the argument. Of course we all understand it looks hideous. Go show it to a business professor and see what they say about it...

5. Quote Originally Posted by Kidnemo
    That's not the argument. Of course we all understand it looks hideous. Go show it to a business professor and see what they say about it...
    Better yet, show it to a business (internet or otherwise) who doesn't doesn't have a multi-billion-dollar corporation as a paying sponsor and see what they say about it.
    "Fiends! Animals! Bastards!"

6. Woah, man. Woah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

7. I like the art style that comic has. Is that the "change" people were complaining about?

8. Quote Originally Posted by voltz
    doesn't Bahn and Reno work for IGN? If so, why the hell haven't they commented on this yet?

oh, I'd rather eat at Hardees'!
    probably because we're not obligated to. I dunno - didn't know that our input was required. Besides, IGN marketing tactics has nothing to do with the work Reno and I do for them.