Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you market FLCL?

1. How do you market FLCL?

I'm starting something of a mad quest. Y'see, after watching FLCL I realized that this was too good to keep to myself, I had to spread it to the ignorant masses. That's when I remembered my school's anime club, I could showcase it through them. But there aren't many people in the anime club. So I'm gonna get to work on a big advertsing campaign. It will mostly consist of photogrpahs of various things associated with FLCL with FLCL hidden somewhere in the image. EX: A picture of a girl wearing a skir (Mamimi) from the waist down with FLCL hidden in the folds of her skirt, a close up of a woman's (Haruko) lips with FLCL in the lines of skin.
    But I'm also trying to think of a less pretensious, yet very attention grabbing series of ads. Please help!
    http://www.production-ig.co.jp/anime...es/canti04.gif
    The over imaginative Ninja's fought the rum filled pirates untill battle drew to a close.

2. Cartoon Network's going a good enough job advertising FLCL to the masses. I'm sure Gainax would be flattered, however.
    bastard of the new world order.

3. I dunno REG, your ideas sound good to me. Upload some of those pics when you finish them!

4. Have huge posters of Amarao's face all over campus and it's over. But since it's mostly DBZ and Pokemon fans, why not introduce Naruto?

5. Because Naruto is approximatly 100,000,000,000,000 (that's one-hundren trillion, for those of you not inclined to count the zeros) times better than both DBZ and Pokemon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

6. All the more reason to show those idiots how good anime can get. And DBZ wasn't all that bad since I grew up watching it as a little kid. It was like GI JOE or TMNT for many (I guess). It's just that the US murdered the anime when it was released in the states. And as for Pokemon...whatever.

7. Hey now, I didn't say I didn't like DBZ or Pokemon...well OK, I don't like DBZ, but Pokemon is alright.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

8. Quote Originally Posted by solidus
    It's just that the US murdered the anime when it was released in the states. And as for Pokemon...whatever.
    It didn't take an English language dub to ruin a show that's 80% filler.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy
    It didn't take an English language dub to ruin a show that's 80% filler.
    Very, very true.

DBZ isalmost entirely composed of filler.
    bastard of the new world order.

10. Find an anime over 100 episodes long that doesn't have fillers. Don't get me wrong, I hate fillers as well. And most anime is ruined by English dubbing. That's all it takes. (Bebop is an exception along with a few)