Thread: Nadesico the Movie gets a Nov. 11th, 2003 release

1. Nadesico the Movie gets a Nov. 11th, 2003 release

from http://www.animeondvd.com/news/pr.php?pr_view=127
    "ADV FILMS ANNOUNCES RELEASE DATE FOR MARTIAN SUCCESSOR NADESICO: THE MOTION PICTURE-PRINCE OF DARKNESS

FEATURE-LENGTH FILM SEQUEL TO WILDLY POPULAR TV SERIES MARTIAN SUCCESSOR NADESICO

HOUSTON, September 9, 2003-ADV Films has set a street date of November 11, 2003 for the DVD-only release of MARTIAN SUCCESSOR NADESICO: The Motion Picture-Prince of Darkness, the feature film sequel to the smash hit TV series MARTIAN SUCCESSOR NADESICO.

On its 1998 theatrical release, MARTIAN SUCCESSOR NADESICO: The Motion Picture-Prince of Darkness received acclaim from Japanese fans and critics alike for being a true-to-form follow-up to the television series. MARTIAN SUCCESSOR NADESICO was renowned for being a thrilling futuristic adventure tale (including loads of explosive mecha action) with an underpinning of satire. Knowing that the film sequel stays on track, U.S. fans have been eagerly anticipating its stateside release.

The Story:
    Two years have passed since the Great War. Akito and Yurika have vanished. The Jovians and the Earthlings have joined forces and Ruri is now captain of Nadesico B. As the popularity of Boson Jumping grows, a vast transportation network has been developed. Dubbed the Hisago Plan, this network of Chulip portals holds the answers to the mysteries behind Bose particles and their power. If those secrets should fall into the wrong hands, it could mean big trouble.

And big trouble there is. A Martian splinter group has launched an offensive, leaving the United Forces befuddled and desperate. So much so, in fact, that the former crew of the Nadesico is called back to active duty for a special unsanctioned mission-to save us all. Does this menagerie of misfits have what it takes? Who will win the race for the Boson technology? And what the heck happened to Akito and Yirika? The answers lie within-deep within-the NADESICO: Prince of Darkness.

MARTIAN SUCCESSOR NADESICO: The Motion Picture-Prince of Darkness ($29.98 SRP) is a DVD-only release presented in letterboxed widescreen format with an English 5.1 language version and a Japanese 2.0-language version, with English subtitles. Extras include a reversible cover and ADV Previews.

MARTIAN SUCCESSOR NADESICO: THE MOTION PICTURE-PRINCE OF DARKNESS
    Running Time: 90 minutes; Age Rating: 15+
    Pre-Book Date: 10/14/03
    Street Date: 11/11/03
    Format SRP
    DVD $29.98 "

YES! FINALLY!

2. I saw this fansubbed what feels like centuries ago... good movie overall, but...
    Not only does it not explain the plot holes left at the end of the TV series, but ends with a totally unexplained cliffhanger... kind of kills my desire to ever see it again.

PS - You still haven't seen the end of Betterman, have you?
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

3. Ugh. I liked the movie, but after seeing the fansubs so many times and their incredibly long wait on releasing it, I just don't care.

Heard this news at Megatokyo earlier today.

4. I love the Nadesico movie. Can't wait to get it on shiny DVD

Ammadeau - Not the last two volumes. I'm going to re-watch 1-4 subbed, and then watch 5 and 6 It could be awhile...

5. Pardon my language, but it's about gosh darn time.
    How fucking long has this been in production, anyway?

6. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    Pardon my language, but it's about gosh darn time.
    How fucking long has this been in production, anyway?
    It hasn't been. It's been sitting on the shelf while ADV focused on more profitable anime. Big company they are, they still can't translated and dub an infinite amount of anime... though I'm sure they wish they could, if only to pay for the upcoming EVA live action movie.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

7. Any word on if ADV will include the two Gekiganger OVAs as extras on this disc? It's only 30 minutes of footage total, and they're quite funny... I'd love to see them do that (not holding my breath however).

8. I think the final word on the OVAs was that ADV tried their hardest to get them, but ultimately could not secure the rights.

9. Quote Originally Posted by kabuki
    I think the final word on the OVAs was that ADV tried their hardest to get them, but ultimately could not secure the rights.

That's a bummer... I can't think of any good reason for ADV not being able to get the rights. Who else is going to release that in the U.S.? Oh well, there's always DivX I suppose.