Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Gainax series - This Ugly and Beautiful World

1. Neo-Geo New Gainax series - This Ugly and Beautiful World

Teaser site: http://www.konomini.com/

First image:

2. i was under the impression that gainax no longer exists, flcl being their final production. what (if anything,) happened? were they in financial trouble or was it just an internet rumor?

3. Neat-O! I'm all for another Gainax series.

I had no idea that they were supposedly done as a studio. Do you have any press releases or links or anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

4. Quote Originally Posted by epmode
    i was under the impression that gainax no longer exists, flcl being their final production. what (if anything,) happened? were they in financial trouble or was it just an internet rumor?

Sounds like a rumor... that I never came across, not to mention.

5. Whatever it is, I'm sure it'll look nice.
    Dammit, why couldn't they release more info?

6. Gainax was in finicial trouble years ago. They now fought their way out of dept with help from some other companies and back on top like they were before. Newtype Magazine even did a profile on their studio bout 2 issues ago.

7. I cant believe such a successful studio could have that kinda of trouble so fast, shows the anime biz is pretty hit or miss....

8. Gainax is a small company and not all of their ventures were as successful as EVA. They've been doing pretty darn well lately, irrc.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

9. Finally, some news:

http://www.gainax.co.jp/anime/konomini/

Natsumemaya: High school student Takemoto Takeru and his friend Ninomiya Ryou are performing deliveries by motorbike when they come across a glittering light - which turns out to be a bishoujo (Hikari), of course. Story of Takeru and his friends and classmates. Laughter, tears, science fiction, bishoujo, action, heart-warming too - at least that's what the blurb says. Confirmation that this work will see the staff of Mahoromatic back again.

10. Sounds crap.