Page 1 of 55 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: MegaMan Anniversary Pack

1. MegaMan Anniversary Pack

SUNNYVALE, Calif - September 12, 2003 - Capcom today takes players on a retrospective journey through the evolution of their renowned blue action hero with the announcement of the Mega Man Anniversary Collection, a compilation of Mega Man titles for the PlayStationâ2 computer entertainment system and the Nintendo GameCube™. Featuring hours of endless entertainment, the Mega Man Anniversary Collection is an anthology of classic Mega Man games (Mega Man 1 through Mega Man 8) from the Nintendo Entertainment System, Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Game Boy, PlayStation game console and arcade systems. This set will also include two never-before-released-in-the-US Mega Man arcade games: Mega Man the Power Battle and Mega Man 2 the Power Fighters. The Mega Man Anniversary Collection is scheduled to release throughout North American in February 2004. The ESRB (Entertainment Software Rating Board) rating is pending.

"The Mega Man Anniversary Collection pays tribute to the brainchild behind this multimillion unit selling franchise, Keiji Inafune, and the original games that he created," said Todd Thorson, director of marketing, Capcom Entertainment. "It gives gamers, who have not experienced the Mega Man phenomenon, an opportunity to play the titles that redefined the platform genre."

In the Mega Man Anniversary Collection, players will be challenged to see if they have the skills to master some of the most extreme Mega Man titles ever released and to unlock a cache of bonus features that includes 30 minutes of anime, producer interviews, footage from the original TV commercials, and a history of the series. This ultimate set provides a comprehensive look at Mega Man’s progression through the years, as this near human robot embarked on his journey to becoming one of the longest running videogame icons to date. Take a trip down memory lane, reliving Mega Man's numerous quests to defeat Dr. Wily and his attempts to control the world and its resources. Gamers will reacquaint themselves with past adversaries such as Elect Man, Metal Man, Gemini Man, Pharaoh Man, Centaur Man, and Tengu Man, just to name a few. The Mega Man Anniversary Collection encompasses everything a new and hard-core fan would want for their existing library.

The Mega Man Anniversary Collection will include the following features:

- 10 Mega Man games on one disk
    - Mega Man 1 through Mega Man 8
    - Two never before released in the US Mega Man arcade games: Mega Man the Power Battle and Mega Man 2 the Power Fighters
    - Additional content – Unlock hidden original artwork, producer interviews, footage from the original TV commercials, anime videos and information about the entire franchise
    - Updated soundtracks
    http://www.capcom.com/news/news.xpml?prid=450094

Man, I just did a search on this because I swear this thread would have been up sooner. *laughs*

Well this is neat, and boy do I feel sorry for the people that got all of the PS1 Rockmans.

3. About fookin' time. This will be mine on day one.

4. Mega Man 15th Anniversary Collection

Source: IGN

- 10 Mega Man games on one disk
    - Mega Man 1 through Mega Man 8
    - Two never before released in the US Mega Man arcade games: Mega Man the Power Battle and Mega Man 2 the Power Fighters
    - Additional content – Unlock hidden original artwork, producer interviews, footage from the original TV commercials, anime videos and information about the entire franchise
    - Updated soundtracks
    Wow. We're getting closer to seeing companies release real compilations of their games. Even if they're not fantastic, I'm surprised to see Capcom include Power Battles and Power Fighters on the compilation.

If Rockman and Forte were included, then it'd really be cracking, but I guess they want the sales from the recent GBA version.

EDIT: Moderators, feel free to merge or delete this thread. Two threads on the same topic was not intentional.

5. FUCK YEAH.

6. Hah, this thread wasn't even up within the few minutes between looking at the front page and myself posting a similar topic. Quick draw.

7. Awesome news, this is defintely a compilation I'll buy.

8. Alright, now I can get them all in one nice easy to find package, sweet

9. This is a good idea...almost too good for Capcom to have come up with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

10. SEX!
    Play Guitar Hero //