Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: "Hyper" Street Fighter II X

1. SNAP Did he drop the F bomb?

Also, I really REALLY don't see the appeal of this. If you wanted this game, you'd already have it in some way shape or form.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Chux
    SNAP Did he drop the F bomb?

Also, I really REALLY don't see the appeal of this. If you wanted this game, you'd already have it in some way shape or form.
    Because (aside from online play possible) it could be a completly new game. There is no hard evidence any way about it.

There are 2 things being said about this.

#1)Source: "insertcredit.com" : The other major news bit comes from Capcom as well - namely that Hyperfighting Street Fighter 2 X has been formally announced. This is a direct sequential sequel to Street Fighter II. And it had better be good.

#2) Source: Translation: the jist of it is the PS2 gets what looks like a oldschool SF2 release (possibly for matching service, much like SSF2X on the DC) in Japan.

I really hope that it is the first one, but good news anyways. I would love to see this come out here no matter what.

3. TNL seems to be the only game forum that isn't blowing this announcement completely out of proportion. Other sites seem to be expecting the usual "SF3 animation! Hires sprites!" etc. from this. Frankly, I think Capcom would have made a bigger deal out of the announcement if this was supposed to be a special SSF2X 'remix' or something beyond a direct port.

Time will tell though, hopefully soon (read: at TGS).

4. Quote Originally Posted by Korly
    Why? Don't you already have multiple copies of this game?

The more we own, the more sales are recorded, the more capcom realizes it sells more copies of good games than it does shitty throwtogethers (read: CvS2).

5. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv
    anyone ever tell you how fucking annoying you are

anyway yes i do own it allready

I own Super Street Fighter II Turbo on the 3DO and i own Super Street Fighter II Turbo X on DC

but if this is online that would be very huge
    Isn't it just called Super Street Fighter II X on DC? Doesn't the "X" mean turbo? I'd think that having both the "X" and the "Turbo" would be redundant.

And, aren't you the one that's always talking about playing Street Fighter games online through the PC?

6. Quote Originally Posted by Korly
    Isn't it just called Super Street Fighter II X on DC? Doesn't the "X" mean turbo? I'd think that having both the "X" and the "Turbo" would be redundant.
    Yep, Yep.

SSF2X = SSF2 Turbo

7. Quote Originally Posted by Korly
    And, aren't you the one that's always talking about playing Street Fighter games online through the PC?

yes and id rather play them on the big screen tv online instead of through Kawaks which only stays at a smaller resolution on the computer monitor

now dont you have a shitty wrestling game to go play
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

8. It's coming out in December. In the SF Eternal artbook it says plainly that there will be no new SF game. No way is this a new game, but online play would certainly make it worthwhile.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

9. Quote Originally Posted by Ammadeau
    It's coming out in December. In the SF Eternal artbook it says plainly that there will be no new SF game. No way is this a new game, but online play would certainly make it worthwhile.
    Change of plans anyone?

10. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv
    now dont you have a shitty wrestling game to go play
    Yes. Now don't you have a KOF rehash to go play?