Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: "Hyper" Street Fighter II X

1. Quote Originally Posted by JM
    Hmm, I wonder how many versions of each character there will be in the game.
    looks like 4 to me..

2. Five, it looks like.

This is ... interesting. The only thing that worries me is the interlacing issue. I hope all the old background and music variations are present, too, but that's probably asking too much.

3. If this doesn't have online play, I can't see how ANY of you could care about this. ESPECIALLY if it's 40-50 dollars.

4. Quote Originally Posted by BenT
    Five, it looks like.
    you're right. i can't count, apparently.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Korly
    If this doesn't have online play, I can't see how ANY of you could care about this. ESPECIALLY if it's 40-50 dollars.
    Frankly, I'd rather buy that than CvS2. On any platform.

6. Quote Originally Posted by BenT
    Five, it looks like.
    Doh! If I had taken 3 more seconds to look at the first screen shot, I would have answered my own question.

JM

7. Quote Originally Posted by Korly
    If this doesn't have online play, I can't see how ANY of you could care about this. ESPECIALLY if it's 40-50 dollars.
    This is the first Capcom fighter I've been this interested in since Third Strike. I've always wanted a technically flawless home port of Super Turbo, and maybe this'll be even better than that.

Then again, maybe not. DC VC looked like a mess. Yes, I'm being a 2D graphics whore, but then again, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a perfect port of a nearly ten-year-old game.

Edit: Btw, it's interesting to note that these initial screens have a width of 384, which is exactly the horizontal resolution of the arcade games. I don't know whether that has interesting implications about the game's eventual video mode or not; probably not, but kinda cool nonetheless.

8. Game companies make games for the mass market. And very few people uses RGB output today (do they even know what's that?).

Real low-res display is only really relevant if you use RGB. Hi-res, interlaced presentation is more suitable for VGA / hi definition, which is what "casual" people demands, even if the game is low-res native.

More than a matter of laziness is one of standardization, I think.

9. Too bad they're only using the face potraits from Super. I'm kinda fond of the ugly potraits featured in the original and Dash.

http://www.taranimationstudios.com/j...f2graphics.htm

I still don't see what's so wrong with the DC version. Looks fine to me on S-Video, no load times, and it seems to have all the animation. My only beef is I never liked the insane colors in Super Turbo. Purple Ryu, hot pink Guile. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Korly
    Seriously. If it was a SF Collection or something, with all the different versions in there (which I already have on the Saturn anyway), then we'd be talking.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery