Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotcha Force

1. Megaman Gotcha Force

so yeah, i've been wanting to make a thread for this game for some time now, but there hasn't really been any new info on it, or anything like that. so i guess we'll just discuss what's already known about the game.

import comes out this year in november, and it hits the states in january.

anyways, i think this game has a very very good chance of becoming sleeper hit of the year.

from the movies i've seen, the game seems to be as action packed as Virtual On, and seems to have a good amount of depth to it.

the game is gonna have 100+ toys in the game. not to mention that you can create your own. not to mention, that you can have them transform and team up to create some super mech ala Voltron. the mechs range from tanks, to aircrafts, to Virtual On style ones, all kinds of shit really. the game is a 2 on 2 mech game pretty much.

here are some pics...

um...what else....oh! you guys should check out the movies that they have over at GameSpot or IGN. it gives you a good idea of what to expect from the game, but doesn't really show off how intense the battles can get, or how much depth the gameplay has.

anyways, between this and Custom Robo, there's going to be a good amount of instense mech games on the GameCube.

2. I'm really looking forward to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Captain Vegetable
    I'm really looking forward to this.
    Seconded.

Love the look of it, I need more robots battling on desks with Gamecubes present.

4. Wow, i have heard absolutely nothing about this. Looks interesting though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.

5. This could be great. Is it based on an anime?
    pwned by Ivan

6. no, but they making an anime based on the game, and i believe of a full line of toys and comics too.

7. Quote Originally Posted by frostwolf ex
    Wow, i have heard absolutely nothing about this. Looks interesting though.
    me too. i'm almost instantly sold.

8. http://www.capcom.com/e32003/clips/gotcha.mpg

once again, gives off an idea of what the game is all about, but doesn't show off how much depth it actually has. still, it's worth watching if you have any interest in the game. 18MB by the way.

9. You guys never read my E3 impressions at Headlines? Awww...I'm hurt.

It's not really 2 on 2 combat. At least from the build I played. You have a team of 4 or so robot 'toys' that you take against another team. In the demo, when you died, control was rotated over to another team member. All non-player controlled bots were handled by CPU, of course.

I like the idea of having 100+ toys that you pit in VO style combat. It played like a simplified VO, but I'm not complaining. It's like Sega's creation mated with Pokemon. And it's good!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

10. Unless I hear a lot of negative press on this before it releases, I'll be preordering this for sure.