Thread: Fox Box Saturday Morning

1. Fox Box Saturday Morning

Has anyone else caught the localizations of Sonic X and Shaman King?
    So far, this is what I see:
    Sonic X: Voices fit the characters very well, and nothing's changed from the episode I saw on fansub. And, yes, I know that even the original Japanese release is aimed at kids. I like it. Shut up.
    Shaman King: Awful. Terrible. Theme song: Replaced with poop (aimed at kids, I know. If it's not on the inevitable DVDs, though...). Content changed: Manta is now Mortin or something, Ryu of the Wooden Sword is Ryo, Manta's mighty tome of knowledge is now a book of "Ghost Stories," and Amidamaru's sword is not the "Harusame" but only "Amidamaru's Sword." The voices are terrible, too. They don't match the characters at all. Ryu sounds like a demented clown. Just awful. I just hope that, if the series is released to DVD, it includes what's been cut with subs that include the original names.
    Any other opinions?

2. Manta is Mortimer if im correct, and yes, it all sucks... and ryu is Rio now...they talk all about it in the first pages of Shonen Jump this month....sad thing to see..

3. I wouldn't wish a Fox box fate on my most hated anime.

I think I'll stick with the Shaman king manga.

4. I liked what I saw of Sonic X today. Weird seeing it right after Kirby though... just seems wrong. Ultimate Muscle remains the best show on the Fox Box, but with Sonic X there, it might be dethroned.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

I got to see one episode of Sonic X. Alas, the Fox station here show Fox Box on Sunday and only show half so no Shaman King for me.

I got to see the end of an episode of Ultimate Muscle though and I enjoyed Kirby and Sonic as well.

Oh yeah. One more thing about Sonic. Why does it like most of the animated versions of Sonic used Robots that were much more menacing than the ones in the game? It's not a bad thing and I which they would do it in the game more.
    Taking it one day at a time.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Rtificial
    I wouldn't wish a Fox box fate on my most hated anime.

I think I'll stick with the Shaman king manga.
    ...and download some fansubs. The show's actually damn good, but the dub makes it look bad.

7. I too, enjoy Sonic X even with it's aim at the 12 and under crowd. I'm a bit upset that the guy who fansubbed the first 2 episodes stopped, since I'm more likely to watch those then Saturday morning cartoons. And I'm not sure I'd buy the series on DVD should it go that route.

Did they get Urkel back to do Sonic's voice?

Though it's close, I think they have a different voice this time.
    Taking it one day at a time.