Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Sunsoft Thread

1. Gremlins 2 by far is my favorite Sunsoft game.

I was never much of a fan of the movies, but after seeing a walk-thru in Nintendo Power, I was so floored by the graphics and level design I had to get it.

Haven't played it for years though, maybe I'll have to dig it out one of these days...

2. I love Sunsoft. They made Waku Waku 7. Not many companies can say they've made Waku Waku 7. Such a wonderfull fighter that way too many people overlook. As good as any other on the Neo, and yet totally different in looks and play than any other on the Neo.

*Shameless plug*
    Head on over to http://www.neogeoforlife.com if you want a cool Waku Waku 7 MVS insert. I made it.
    *end shameless plug*

Erm... Sunsoft. Oh yeah. Blaster Master rules. It will always rule. So does Batman. I have to say I like the NES Batman much better than the Genny version because (you're all gonna think I'm crazy here) the sound is just so much better on the NES. Actually, many NES games sounded better than their Genny counterparts (Battletoads anyone?). Batman was great on either platform tho'.

3. sunsoft had some great games back in the days. mt favorite sunsoft game(s) would have to be batman on the nes and batman on the gameboy.

i also think the nes batman is better than the genesis one.

as for the gameboy one, that one totally caught me off guard. it was waaaay better than i thought it would be. has anyone else played it? the character graphics were tiny, but very effective. it followed the movie pretty closely. your main weapon was the batgun, which fired different stuff depending on what you picked up. two levels had you fly the batwing in horizontal shooter style. great action shooter, not to mention one of my favorite gameboy games of all time.

4. Originally posted by Nash
    as for the gameboy one, that one totally caught me off guard. it was waaaay better than i thought it would be. has anyone else played it? the character graphics were tiny, but very effective. it followed the movie pretty closely. your main weapon was the batgun, which fired different stuff depending on what you picked up. two levels had you fly the batwing in horizontal shooter style. great action shooter, not to mention one of my favorite gameboy games of all time.
    The GB Batman game was great!

I haven't thought it about in years, until now just reading your post.

What I remember specifically was the tiny character sprites (almost super deformed), and the "shooty web gun" which from a gameplay perspective worked out pretty well.

I also remember something about the Batman logo rotating, or doing something cool at the beginning of game.

I still have my copy, so I'll SURELY be busting this out tonite.

5. I forgot about the GB version! Great game indeed. I have to go find a copy now...

Heh I used to get the Sunsoft newsletter about their games and hints. This was back in the NES days must of sent in something from a magazine. Anyone remember getting that?

Korian

7. batman on the gameboy was pretty tight, yes - the little pointy ears on batman's cowl took up 2 of the perhaps 12 pixels they allocated for the player sprite. sweet.

batman the animated series on the gameboy is even better, though. my brother looked for that for about 5 years before we dug it out of some used game pile in an EB. fools!!

t
    -t

8. Didn't Sunsoft make Hard Edge (released here in the US as T.R.A.G.) for the PSX? It was a pretty cool little game- kind of a cross between the movie Die Hard and Resident Evil.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

Yep, they made T.R.A.G.

I always thought it was a strategy game. It's a survival horror game? I may have to check it out now.

10. Originally posted by Dolemite
    Didn't Sunsoft make Hard Edge (released here in the US as T.R.A.G.) for the PSX? It was a pretty cool little game- kind of a cross between the movie Die Hard and Resident Evil.
    As a matter of fact, they did.

Sunsoft recently released a series of 1,500 yen compilation titles called the Sunsoft Memorial Series. Has anyone played it? Vol. 4 has Metafight.