Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I made a game

1. I made a game

Hey all

like all of you guys, i'm a die-hard game fanatic. i've been playing games since i was a kid, compulsively and eternally. congratulations, you have destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. consider yourself a hero.

anyways. now i'm an old fart (23) and i make art for games. very cool. but, it's with a few buddies and we have no money. so, in the spirit of sharing and caring (and eating), i'd like to submit our latest game, fliptrip, to you guys for review. if you've got a few minutes, download the shareware, try it out, and tell your friends/family if you like it. if you hate it, let us know that too! be warned, it's a puzzle game - no bloody gore.

you can get it at:

www.elmerinteractive.com/buyfliptrip.html

if you've read this far, why not download it? i'll be your best friend! maybe not.
    -t

2. "We're sorry, this version has expired. Please go online and buy the game"

That's quite an addictive puzzle game.

I really like the little details like the people being sucked out when a wall is broken down. And the music is great too.

Good job.

Everyone should at least download it and give it a try.

4. Yay!

I like it.

This game is like Bejeweled, but so much better.

Some one needs to start a FlipTrip thread on the high score board.

5. What a delightful little puzzler !!

Whip me up a Dreamcast version on a self-bootable cd, and I'll send a check for $25 your way !!

- Kabuki

6. i second that.. if you ported this to DC, i'd buy it.

Fliptrip is pretty darn fun. One post on here (Neozeedeater) was actually talking about another game on the site called Infest! That ones actiony, and cool too. It gets pretty crazy if you play a while! I'm definitely getting fliptrip though, I think it's a lot funner than bejeweled, less mindless.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

8. cool!

thanks for all the response guys - it's heartening to see any support at all for a game that i sweated blood making.

a bootable dreamcast version - hmmm. that's an interesting idea. i'll bounce the idea off my programmer buddy, but i have no idea at all how to even begin to go about doing that. can anyone point me to a web resource for DC ports?
    -t

9. Originally posted by Aurora

Check out www.dcemulation.com or www.boob.co.uk

Those might help...
    More specifically:

http://dev.dcemulation.com/

-t
    Are you tracing a program through a debugger?

10. would you guys be happy with an iso that you purchase and burn onto a cd yourself? or would you want us to send you an actual cd?

my friend is wary of the legality of selling actual cds. but passing bits seems to be safer.
    -t