Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Sunsoft Thread

Don't those Sunsoft Memorial collections have only three games per disc? I still would love to check them out. Anyone have a list for each collection?

2. Batman on GB was AWESOME! I really liked Batman: Return of the Joker on the NES as well...I still say it looks better than the genesis version. The sprites were HUGE by NES standards. The only bad thing I have to say about the NES version is that the weapon variety was lacking and, at times, it seemed like this was a pre-existing game that they threw batman into. Why was there a forest stage, featuring wizards throwing tornados, in a Batman game?

3. Originally posted by NeoZeedeater
    Yep, they made T.R.A.G.

I always thought it was a strategy game. It's a survival horror game? I may have to check it out now.
    Well, it's sorta like survival horror. It's in the future, and terrorists have taken over this skyscraper and you play as one of 4 characters- you start as one of two commandos (a male with a gun and a female with a sword), and later you can also use a detective and a dopey little android girl. It has the usual RE-type aspects- pre-rendered backgrounds, polygonal characters, puzzles, etc. Unlimited inventory, though. You fight terrorists and mutants. In addition to weapons, you have various hand-to-hand combat moves. At first glance it seems like a generic RE clone, but it has a certain charm to it. It's very anime-influenced, especially the character design. And the voice acting is pretty damn funny at times. If you can find it cheap I say go for it. It was fun. And, best of all, it controls like Metal Gear Solid in that you move in the direction you push- none of that "push up to move forward" stuff that everyone seems to hate (personally, I don't mind it).

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. Originally posted by NeoZeedeater
    Don't those Sunsoft Memorial collections have only three games per disc? I still would love to check them out. Anyone have a list for each collection?
    Actually, there are only two games in each disc, but it's hard to complain with such a low price for each disc.

Vol. 1: Ikki and Super Arabian
    Vol. 2: Atlantis no Nazo and Route-16 Turbo
    Vol. 3: Wing of Madoola and Tokaidou Gojuusan Tsugi
    Vol. 4: Chou Wakusei Metafight and Ripple Island
    Vol. 5: Raf World and Hebereke

http://www.sun-denshi.co.jp/soft/sms/main.html

I'll probably get them one day but for now the Sega, Konami, and Irem collections take precedence for me.

6. There's an Irem collection? What's in that one?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

wEEman33 Guest
    I really enjoyeed their Aero(sp?) the Acrobat series a lot. The first one remains on of the most challenging platformers ever. And no one has mentioned their sequel to the Aero series, Zero The Kamikaze Squirel. Although Im not sure anyone ever played that game....

8. I actively looked for Zero during my SNES playing days and I could never find it. Aero the Acrobat was cool, though...so was Aero the Acrobat 2, but that one was MUCH easier than its predecessor.

There are a few Irem collections-

Irem Arcade Classics (Saturn) - Zippy Race, 10 Yard Fight, and Spartan X(Kung Fu Master)

X-Multiply/Image Fight (Saturn)

R-Types (PS1) - R-Type 1 and 2