Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sunsoft Thread

The Sunsoft Thread

Throughout their history and with a few name changes (Sun Electronics to Sun Corporation/Sunsoft), this company has released some good games.

Kangaroo is an old favorite.

Arabian was kind of cool. I vaguely remember playing a Famicom version a long time ago.

http://www.vgmuseum.com/images/arcade/arabian.html

Their NES years were great. Blaster Master is probably still my favorite Sunsoft game. Journey to Silius, Batman, and Freedom Force were fun as well.

Batman on Genesis was pretty good. And they also released Super Fantasy Zone although I don't know if they or Sega developed it.

Unfortunately, Blaster Master 2 was disappointing and I still haven't played the PS1 game.

Sunsoft was also a big funder of Myst but I don't know if I want to thank them for that.

What are your favorite Sunsoft games?

2. Is that the only games they have made?

3. Batman for NES was by far my fav Sunsoft game.

I remember enjoying that Uncle Fester game, though many people thought it sucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

Of course they have made a hell of a lot more games than just those. I'm just waiting for people to jog my memory.

5. Funny thing about Sunsoft and MYST. Though they did help out with the release of the game, Sunsoft wanted only the profits of the console versions, which as you may know, completely tanked. The PC version is still the best-selling PC game ever.

A good chunk of my NES memories stem from Sunsoft games and they'll always have a spot in my heart. Their most recent localized effort, Eternal Eyes, is probably my favorite Sunsoft game.

Yeah, Sunsoft could have made so much cash if they got royalties from the PC version.

Eternal Eyes, huh? I heard it sucked bad but I know you have good taste in games so I may have to check it out.

7. Sunsoft was amazing on the NES. Their music back then was other-fooking-worldly. Sadly they took a nosedive after the NES. Blaster Master is probably my favorite Sunsoft game.

8. I bought Blaster Master: Blasting Again several months ago, but it's been awhile since I last played it and I still haven't finished it. It's actually quite nice, almost like a 3D Metroid. I find it quite weird that decided to continue the butchered story from the American Blaster Master instead of the Japanese original with Kane and Jennifer.

Anyway, Sunsoft developed quite a few games in their career such as the Ufouria/Hebereke series, Dead Zone, Wings of Madoola, Super Spy Hunter (aka Battle Formula), the Albert Oddysey series, Out Live, Super Fantasy Zone, Waku Waku 7. They had a development team called Tokai Engineering that were responsible for the original Metafight, Raf World (aka Journey to Silius) and Ripple Island. It's a shame that most of the stuff Sunsoft USA released was licensed crap.

9. Originally posted by Johnny Undaunted
    I had Blaster Master: Blasting Again for quite awhile, but it's been awhile since I last played it and I still haven't finished it. It's actually quite nice, almost like a 3D Metroid. I find it quite weird that decided to continue the butchered story from the American Blaster Master instead of the Japanese original with Kane and Jennifer.

Anyway, Sunsoft developed quite a few games in their career such as the Ufouria/Hebereke series, Dead Zone, Wings of Madoola, Super Spy Hunter (aka Battle Formula), the Albert Oddysey series, Out Live, Super Fantasy Zone, Waku Waku 7. They had a development team called Tokai Engineering that were responsible for the original Metafight, Raf World (aka Journey to Silius) and Ripple Island. It's a shame that most of the stuff Sunsoft USA released was licensed crap.
    I agree that their liscensed stuff on Super NES is crap, but I really like Batman and Gremlins 2 for NES.

10. Originally posted by CorruptedOldGnom(sic)

I agree that their liscensed stuff on Super NES is crap, but I really like Batman and Gremlins 2 for NES.
    Oh my! How could I forgotten those two? I meant that they released nothing but licensed crap during the Super NES days (then again, Fester's Quest was kinda crappy too).