Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: favorite dragon warrior game EVER!

1. Something has happened to me that I never thought would happen. I am old school. I loved the hell out of Dragon Warrior 1 during the NES days... I was looking forward to DW7... I couldn't finish it. I got bored and frustrated at my built-up characters constantly leaving the party.

DW3... couldn't finish it. It was essentially the same concept as DW1, which I loved, but I just couldn't care anymore. Somewhere between then and now.... my taste has changed, and I can't enjoy games from the DW series, anymore. I still love your buildup games (PSO, Lodoss Wars on DC, Balder's Gate on PS2, etc), but I guess my standards have changed. I wonder if I'm alone in this.

2. I've only played through the first 4, and of those, i like the 3rd one he best. DW4 had more character interaction than the others, but there's something about DW3 that just reaches out and grabs me.

3. Alright folks, dis is rama's picture. Do not say, "nice work Finch" or I will kick you in the teeth.

Picture that rama drew

:3 And let me be the first to say, hillarious, rama. Nice colors, too.

4. thanks fer postin' that up for me finch.

ok, here's another DW related question. which dragon warrior game do you think had the best soundtrack? i personally liked 4's the best, but overall i like 7's soundtrack the most.

5. Il n'est pas un probleme, mon frere.
    Hm... Soundtrack... As always, of what I've played, I'm kind of partial to the DW 3 st, but the music in Torneko is nice too. I have a friend with all the DQ ost's. Maybe I'll run into him again this summer. :3

6. i have all of the soundtacks as well.....'cept for part one but that's ok 'cause there are some tracks from it on one of my "best of dragon quest" cd's. part 1 really didn't have that much music did it? one thing i like about this series is that the music is always enjoyable. no there aren't like 3-6 discs included when you buy the soundtrack. the most tracks i think have ever been in a dragon warrior game are about......a little over 30. that's in part 7. the thing is though, all of those tracks are very enjoyable for me. seems like the more music a game has the more there's gonna be to get disapointed with. i hope dragon quest never changes......uh, i just thought of something. since enix is so set on keeping this series close to it's roots, what's gonna happen when one of the lead people responsible for the series dies? say akira toriyama falls off a cliff and can't do character designs anymore? what happens when koichi sugiyama (DQ's composer) finally croaks?....he's pretty old now that i think about it....well, if they had to end it i guess i wouldn't mind. it would suck though if one of them kicked it in the middle of production of a new game or sumthin'.

7. Originally posted by rama
    i have all of the soundtacks as well.....'cept for part one but that's ok 'cause there are some tracks from it on one of my "best of dragon quest" cd's. part 1 really didn't have that much music did it?
    I can only think of eight tracks: the castle, the dungeons, the overworld, the towns, the fight music, the Dragonlord fight music, the title screen and the ending; I can't remember if the shrines had seperate music or not. None of them is more than a few bars long. Anyone who bought that soundtrack (if such a thing exists) is pretty much throwing their money away.
    -Kyo

Yeah, DQI doesn't have much music and the good tunes are on any of the Best CDs that they've put out (at least two that have DQ1-3 music on it), but you can still get the whole shot if you get the DQI.II (to correlate with the SFC remix) Symph soundtrack.

Like the games, for music I'd have a tough time deciding between 6 and 7. 6 had the better ending theme at least.

9. well, if you're talking ending theme's my fave's dragon warrior 2. very soothing and inspiring. part 3's is second on my list. i actually like part 7's ending music more than 6's. 6's was very good, but the way it ended.....kinda.....plunk plunk plunk.....very slow....wasn't very uplifting. still very good though.