Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone played Doshin the Giant for GC?

1. Megaman Anyone played Doshin the Giant for GC?

Preferably the Euro rev, since that's the one I'm interested in. I've been on a bit of a Nintendo crusade lately, trying to get my hands on all of the games they've developed on the Cube, and I'm quite interested in this one, but know very little about it. The concept sounds very cool, but is the execution and gameplay good? I'm more interested by it's weirdness/quirkiness than I am put off by it, so that's not of concern, I just want to know if it's a good game, more or less, and how is the translation, as well? Thanks for any info
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    I've been on a bit of a Nintendo crusade lately, trying to get my hands on all of the games they've developed on the Cube
    you should just quit now then. Param developed the game, Nintendo just published.

although as far as the GameCube port goes, that was done by ex-Nintendo staff member Giles Goddard (all by himself).

as far as the game goes, i haven't really read one good review for it. usually scores a 7.0 tops.

3. It's a great game, but once you've finished it you'll never go back (which is EXTREMELY strange for a god-sim).

The gameplay is not very varied but very solid, it's a lot of fun caring for villagers (and commiting mass genocide with Jashin).

The translation is excellent, it has real quality English voice acting (not American but actually English, so everything is pronounced how it should be ^_^). The voice acting sounds very Discovery-Channel-nature-documentary-esque, a great touch.

My only complaints;
    1) The giant is really slow, so with such a HUGE play area the game is mainly REALLY boring travel (kind of like the sea bits in Wind Waker).
    2)The giant can sometimes have real trouble climbing up steep cliffs, which becomes really irritating.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

4. Thanks a lot Astro, that helps a lot I didn't know it had voice acting, sounds like the localization went well. Sounds like something I'd like, I think I'll try to find it pretty soon

5. i've been interested in this as well...i'll get it when the price is right.

6. Keep forgetting about this game....

So the Euro rev hard to find yet? It's not a easy market to find game goods months after release.

*-neo

7. Are the PAL games compatible with an NA formated memory card? I've been meaning to get the PAL version of this game for awhile.

8. I have the Pal version which boots up perfectly with the Freeloader. I have a seperate memory card for it because I did not want to take any chances with my US card. The localization is great and the gameplay is cute. It can get a bit boring at times as previously mentioned; the traveling is slow. I normally travel as Jashin as he moves quite a bit faster. I recommend getting this game from eBay because it is way overpriced at all the import stores I looked at. I got mine for about 30$ and that included shipping.

9. Quote Originally Posted by animegirl20
    I have a seperate memory card for it because I did not want to take any chances with my US card.
    Ah. Is it a US memory card? If so, cool, I've got a spare.

10. Yes, it was a spare US card. So what are you waiting for?