Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: teh Phantom goes poof???

Maybe people can use it as an emulator and run Linux on it.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

2. that's a great article, by the way. well-researched. the ceo is sleazy^2.

3. Quote Originally Posted by epmode
    that's a great article, by the way. well-researched. the ceo is sleazy^2.
    That article was quite naive if you ask me.

Why should it suprise anyone that a CEO has worked with several companies that failed? This is the norm, not the exception. It's also common sense that executives attach themselves to high profile positions in their relatives' companies without actually doing any work.

This is hardly a newsflash. Anyone who thought business worked otherwise needs to wake up.
    Backloggery
    GameTZ

Go home and be a family man.

Welcome to last year.

I can't believe some of you actually thought it was a legitimate system.

Gullible.
    Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    SNK is like an abusive boyfriend; he keeps hitting me, and I want to leave him, but then I think about the good times we have together and keep telling myself I'll give him just one more chance to change.

5. i can't believe that some still think this is real.
    props to that design team, way to draw attention to themselves.

6. Slashdot has a new article today:

http://newsforge.com/newsforge/03/07/09/2042207.shtml

I don't know if I think it's real or fake or whatever.

All I know is I think it's stupid. And that, my friends, is all that really matters.

7. Quote Originally Posted by PBMaX
    That article was quite naive if you ask me.
    naive or no, the phantom's future isn't exactly promising. note the repeated insistence that the phantom is being worked on at a non-existant office, and the fact that infinium's only public mailing address is a po box. circumstantial, but telling.

while it's true that the majority of new buisinesses fail, there's other interesting information in the article. namely, the bit about eMed Hire.
    According to Mr. Roberts' resume, he is currently the Director of the Missouri based eMed Hire.

Emedhire, LLC
    Director 2000-current

According to Mr. Roberts' website, this company is owned by his mother Lora Roberts. Mr. Roberts is the registered contact on the eMed Hire website, as shown below.

A few months ago we called the offices of eMed Hire at the number listed on the contact page (1-866-363-3447) and spoke to a woman who identified herself as Laura Roberts. When we called, we asked to speak with Tim Roberts, the Director of the company. The woman politely corrected us and let us know that Lora Roberts (not to be confused with Laura Roberts) was the director of eMed Hire and Tim Roberts was Lora's son. I asked her again, explaining that I had believed Tim Roberts was Director of eMed Hire, and she again replied that he was not and added that he does not even live in the same state as the company.

Within the last two weeks, we called the same number and again spoke to a woman who introduced herself as Laura Roberts. We let her know that we were doing an article on Infinium Labs and that we would like to speak to Mr. Roberts. This time the woman's story was different and she referred to Mr. Roberts as the co-director of the company. We asked again to speak to Mr. Roberts, but the woman on the phone claimed she had no contact information whatsoever for Mr. Roberts. No e-mail address, no phone number, nothing. When we asked why she didn’t have any contact information for the Director of the company she worked for, she told us that he frequently changed phone numbers and that she did not have available his latest contact information.
    shady^2.

8. So all these mags got duped too? That's crazy.
    Well that's like, your opinion, man.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Master
    Its called the phantom. Does nobody see the obviousness to the entire "scam".

PS: Is obviousness a word?
    How bout conspicuousness?

No, that's worse.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Bold
    How bout conspicuousness?

No, that's worse.
    How about "perposterousness?"

...or, "perposterousity" -I like the way that one flows.