Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: teh Phantom goes poof???

1. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru
    Yeah, except the M2 was real. Panasonic just decided to amputate the arm rather than falling into the grave.
    Believe it or not, the M2 was actually released... Matsushita ended up using it for those interactive kiosks you see at car dealers and shit.

2. Haoh, I know the M2 was real, the similar vibe I was getting was probably that, in the case of the M2, it was quite ambitous for its time, much like with the Phantom, and how the M2 never saw light as a game console. Good to see that the technology was put to some use though.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

3. What the hell is going on here?

I thought we had this story behind us.

4. Supposedly they're picking 300 beta testers in the next month or so. Who knows what the hell they're doing with this thing now...

5. Edutainment?! Alright! I'm there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

6. Where in Vice City is Carmen Sandiego?

7. "The Riverdeep partnership underscores the growing demand for on-demand family entertainment and represents a major step forward in bringing the Phantom game system to market," said Timothy Roberts, president and CEO of Infinium Labs. "We are excited to be working with such an esteemed and diverse publisher as Riverdeep. Their library of games, kids' entertainment, educational, and productivity software is top in its class. We are thrilled to welcome them to the Phantom family."

Now taking bets that this thing tanks faster than the Philips CD-i. Remember all the wonderful edutainment that system had? Jeez, even the 3DO had a better looking prospect for success than this thing.