Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: [PS2] Culdcept

1. Quote Originally Posted by Roufuss
    I hope it's as addicting as everyone says
    Two of my friends (engaged, live together) loved the game so much they dropped $300 on a PS2 system + warranty, extra controller, memory card, and a copy of Culdcept.
    That should prove how addicting the game is

P.S. - enjoy the game, and keep posting here with your thoughts on it.

2. funny story for anyone who's interested. our NY Atari rep came into my store the other day and mentioned to us that her regional boss wanted any information we could provide on Culdcept, seeing as it's a mash of Monopoly and Magic, which they own both the rights for.

me smells a possible lawsuit.

3. Quote Originally Posted by elscorcho
    funny story for anyone who's interested. our NY Atari rep came into my store the other day and mentioned to us that her regional boss wanted any information we could provide on Culdcept, seeing as it's a mash of Monopoly and Magic, which they own both the rights for.

me smells a possible lawsuit.
    That disgusts me. You told her to go screw, right?

Culdcept is better than both those games, anyway.

4. sigh. kill.

5. News

Quote Originally Posted by kabuki
    In Magic the Gathering, there are cards that let you "burn through" your deck - i.e. cards that help your deck get recycled/reused faster - are there any such cards in Culdcept?
    The Brass Idol creature card (once placed on the game board) allows all Cepters to draw two cards on their turn, instead of just one. This can be useful particularly when playing against Story Character AI, since they don't seem to be able to discard very well.

By the way - Thanks to "O-Well" for posting information about this forum over on the Culdcept Forum. I had no idea that there was such an active Culdcept topic running over here.... Anyway, these boards now have a new member - ME!

6. Awesome. Welcome aboard good sir. I saw a "random dice" discussion over at the GameFAQ's message board, and I believe you posted in it IIRC. Kinda something I felt like talking about.

The dice have to have some kind of influence over them, or they just coded the worst random function I have ever seen in my entire life. I realise that computer random generators are never truely random, but still. In the battle with Leo and... the Jamaican guy(whos name escapes me now), I dropped Old Willow next to the castle with a level five red land. Then proceded to go around trying to get all the land on the board. I figured I would hit every piece of land eventually, but I didnt. I kept coming back around to the same ones, no matter what I did to try and mess it up with movement cards. I have a feeling that the dice are rigged somehow to make some lands have more "gravity" than others. Or perhaps each character gets thier own "random" pattern at the start of the match. Because it seemed like the enemy characters were landing on the same lands over and over, but they were different lands than the ones I was landing on repeatedly.
    A is for action

7. Quote Originally Posted by EightBit
    The dice have to have some kind of influence over them, or they just coded the worst random function I have ever seen in my entire life.
    Well, I have posted over at GameFAQs that it certainly "seems" as though an AI's die roll doesn't always seem to be random. The AI's propensity to land on the Castle and on "safe" squares scattered amid the improved squares of an opponent just seems a bit too "convenient" to me. However, that's just an opinion, as something like this would seem to be rather difficult to prove without having some sort of access to the code that controls the AI's die roll.

Of course, my observation is just anecdotal, and it's really not any sort of proof. One poster over on GameFAQs wrote about a situation in which he owned the five territories immediately following the Castle on a particular map. He said that his AI opponent landed on the Castle 47 times in a row, and then rolled a "6" every time after landing on the Castle. He's pretty convinced that the AI "cheats".

Others swear that it doesn't, and others believe that the AI "adjusts" itself when falling behind in a match. I don't know how to make a definitive determination as to what is really the case, but I'm still a bit suspicious of those die slider controls that are available when setting up a Cepter's AI characters...

8. The subject that AIs has deceived the dice is often generated. However, the Omiya soft has denied it completely. According to investigation of Famitsu-Japan, a dice rotates 30 times in about 1 second.

I believe Omiya soft.

However, the functions currently used for the random number of a dice may be an early C function by Professor Knuth, it is random(). This is the deviation of a random number.
    Moreover, denial cannot do a possibility that the algorithm repeated has caused fixed deviation in circulation of a random number, either. MT Function is not used at least.

Therefore, it is my conclusion that these results are not what is depended intentionally at all.

9. Quote Originally Posted by EnsignGarak
    The Brass Idol creature card (once placed on the game board) allows all Cepters to draw two cards on their turn, instead of just one. This can be useful particularly when playing against Story Character AI, since they don't seem to be able to discard very well.

By the way - Thanks to "O-Well" for posting information about this forum over on the Culdcept Forum. I had no idea that there was such an active Culdcept topic running over here.... Anyway, these boards now have a new member - ME!
    Welcome to the board! I'll be joining yours shortly.

I found another card that "burns through" a deck, but the name escapes me now. Hrmmm...

Like O-Well said, basic random functions are very poor in execution. Let's hope they work some better programming in Culdcept III

10. I had no idea that there was such an active Culdcept topic running over here.... Anyway, these boards now have a new member - ME!
    A most cordial welcome to you.
    You Join this, just as I join so.
    Here, kabuki and members is speaking about Culdcept actively, it came out I also joined it.
    The subject is the eager activity which is not transient. Please you can search a keyword as Culdcept about the contents.
    You join here. Just as I will join Culdcept fourm.