Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: [PS2] Culdcept

1. Just got the review code for this title and I've waited for years to see what it was all about. Just got done playing an initial 2 hour session and I'm very impressed by its simulataneous simplicity to play yet complexity to win. Good stuff here.

2. When are they going to finally ship it? I really want this game in English ASAP... I've been playing and loving the DC version for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru
    Just got the review code for this title and I've waited for years to see what it was all about. Just got done playing an initial 2 hour session and I'm very impressed by its simulataneous simplicity to play yet complexity to win. Good stuff here.
    Have you tried playing multiplayer at all? That's the most fun of all.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. No - I just got it a few hours ago, so I've only played single player. The AI is pretty strong and that's VERY encouraging.

Looks like 11/11/03 is the release date.

4. Maybe they upped the AI in the US version that would be really nice... I know it seemed decent at first in the DC version... but I quickly learned how to exploit it. They didn't make any changes to the excellent ST did they?

I do wish they had kept online support in though... I'd love to play it against everyone here, especially the many Culdcept veterens.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru
    Just got the review code for this title and I've waited for years to see what it was all about. Just got done playing an initial 2 hour session and I'm very impressed by its simulataneous simplicity to play yet complexity to win. Good stuff here.
    Right on man. Please continue to spread the Culdcept love

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb
    Maybe they upped the AI in the US version that would be really nice... I know it seemed decent at first in the DC version... but I quickly learned how to exploit it.
    The PS2 version is an upgrade of the DC version, so I would expect it to be even more balanced.

6. Quote Originally Posted by haohmaru
    Looks like 11/11/03 is the release date.
    That's what ebgames.com says, gamestop.com is saying "Pre-Release ETA: 1/1/2004".

If they're sending review builds out now, I'd like to think we'll be seeing this next month...

7. i played this for an hour last night, and it got off to a great start as far as i'm concerned. once i learn my whole deck and some good strategies i'm going to be loving this. and once i get multiplayer action on it's going to be absolutely legendary, i think.

i spent hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and days and weeks and months playing top shop with friends. this is like, top shop squared. cubed. me likey lots.

and also, not having played the imports, i'll take a stab and say "yes" to keeping the import soundtrack, as it's a very nice affair. sort of reminds me of the soul calibur music. in fact, a couple people came over to watch me play cos they thought i'd turned on SC2. =)

8. been playing this more. i can't put it down. if it weren't 1 am with a 9:30 meeting tomorrow, i wouldn't be putting it down now.

it's card fighters clash + top shop (and if you missed out on top shop or didn't 'get' it, i'm sorry) and it makes me so fucking happy.

it has literal and serious GOTY potential for me, i think.

9. Quote Originally Posted by ferricide
    been playing this more. i can't put it down. if it weren't 1 am with a 9:30 meeting tomorrow, i wouldn't be putting it down now.

it's card fighters clash + top shop (and if you missed out on top shop or didn't 'get' it, i'm sorry) and it makes me so fucking happy.

it has literal and serious GOTY potential for me, i think.
    Kabuki is going to be so happy to hear this.

Due to the drumming up of interest I dusted off my copy of the DC version recently and found that many of my initial problems I had with the game exist only for the first couple of maps. Once I was 3-4 maps in when the map become more complex, I found that having the best cards didn't always equal a sure win. I still wish there was some sort of card trading shop, but I can live without it.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

10. Good to hear that you are liking it, ferricide! Keep us updated with your thoughts on the game.

Now Ammadeau, you have some work to do. Go back to all your old Culdcept posts and edit out your slanderous words!