Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Psycho Fox a SMS classic!

Psycho Fox a SMS classic!

Psycho Fox what a great platformer that came out near the end of the SMS domestic life. The ability to change into different animals and the creature that was used as a projectile and a extra hit on you added alot of gameplay variations. Though it surprised me there was a warp level to the final stage on the first section.Oh and the ending very interesting and good music.

Korian

I don't hold Psycho Fox in as high of praise as many SMS lovers but it's still a great game. I still have to add it to my collection.

I just feel like posting a pic of Psycho Fox to help expose it.

4. Re: Psycho Fox a SMS classic!

Originally posted by Korian
    Though it surprised me there was a warp level to the final stage on the first section.
    Kid Chameleon had that too. However, even with that I couldn't figure out to beat the damn thing, not to mention you'll be fairly unequiped if you do. How many levels does KC have? I remember getting far and thinking with every level, "Just how long IS this damn game?"

As for Psycho Fox, I never played it (or any SMS games, for that matter). The only reason I even know what it is is because of some old comic in Gamepro that had Psycho Fox in it during one issue. Can't remember the name of it, though...

5. Decapattack (or Magical whatever if you want the "real" version) on the Genesis takes the same style of play, graphics and makes it all better.

Kid Chameleon is intimidating, to say the least.

6. Psycho Fox RULES. By far my favorite SMS game edging out Alex Kidd in Miracle World. It blew me away when I first played it at a friend of my brother's house and was the one game that totally sold me on a SMS. The fun jump, punch, stomp and throw gameplay is loaded with variety and the color and graphics are all very well done. Birdfly owns! After I got my SMS though, I couldn't find it or Alex Kidd anywhere (1990, long before the good old internet, my brother's friend and his mom never let us borrow their SMS games, grrr).

After a few months I reluctantly gave up my SMS and got an NES when I found out the SMS was being discontinued. I regretted it for years until 1997 when I got another SMS and some games (Aztec Adventure - bleh Space Harrier 3D) at a pawn shop all for just $35. A month later I got on the web and didn't stop until I finally found my own copies of Psycho Fox and Alex Kidd. They are still just as fun as when I first played them over 11 years ago. Balance to the force was restored!

Kash H birdfly was the name right? Did you ever finish it?

I gave my Psycho Fox to a High school friend for free back in the day.

Some may argue that it borrowed heavily from Sonic and Mario but it was unique in its own way.

I used to pretend to be sick so I could play this one. The good ole days of faking a illness so I could have alll day for a game.

Korian

8. I would hope no one would argue that it borrowed from Sonic. Psycho Fox predates Sonic by at least a year, maybe two.

I think Psycho Fox's closest resemblance is Vic Tokai's Kid Kool on the NES, which came out a year or so before it.

Originally posted by Saint of Killers
    I would hope no one would argue that it borrowed from Sonic. Psycho Fox predates Sonic by at least a year, maybe two.
    Heh I thought Sonic was on the Genesis when Psycho fox came out since I was playing my SMS after the Genesis launched.

Korian