Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite vampire & werewolf flicks

1. Favorite vampire & werewolf flicks

As much as I love the classics, I'd have to go with

Near Dark

and

An American Werewolf in London

If anyone lists Vamp, starring the multitalented Grace Jones, they're getting a kick square in the pipes from yours truly!

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

2. Hmm for vamp movie - I'll have to say Interview with the Vampire

and for werewolf movie Dog Soldiers.

3. Bio

Near Dark will definately make my list as well.

Blade 1&2 covered vampire hunter theme very well. And so did From Dusk Till Dawn trilogy.

If you naming werewolf films Howling and American Werewolf in London are MUST. Ginger Snaps and Dog Soldiers are also pretty good Werewolf genre films.

Monster Squad was pretty entertaining too.

Damn, I did forget Interview with Vampire. While I hated Brad Pitt character, everything else was good

4. I had a lot of hope for John Carpenter's Vampire$ but it really disappointed me. I still think a film that followed John Steakley's book accurately would not only be excellent, it would be a major hit.

Despair, Ginger Snaps was good, eh? I've almost rented it a few times.....

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

Have any of you seen DarkWolf, I bought a copy for $1, it was supposed to come to theatres, but it is now video store fare. Watched a bit and thought the Werewolf cgi was pretty bad. Have to finish the whole thing though, but it didn't really hold my attention.

6. Dracula 2000 was a good movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

7. I also wanted Vampries to be good, and it actually was till half way through the film. But the final revalation and scenes at the end were just ridiculous. Still I love the style, grittiness, and Carpenter's music in it. Funny thing, I watch both Blade and Vampires on tv last night

Forget to mention my fav Vampire flick it the Lost Boys.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Korian
    Have any of you seen DarkWolf, I bought a copy for $1, it was supposed to come to theatres, but it is now video store fare. Watched a bit and thought the Werewolf cgi was pretty bad. Have to finish the whole thing though, but it didn't really hold my attention.
    Man, It was GODAWFUL. I couldnt even finish watching it. Stay far away from this.

Lost Boys was decent. So was Dracula 2000. Have anyone seen the sequel to that?

10. I hear Ginger Snaps is a good werewolf movie, but I haven't seen it yet.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww